2011-07-11: Sara Versus Paul

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-07-11: Sara Versus Paul

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Sara Versus Paul
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2011-07-11: Sara Versus Paul

Post by Slamlander »

You cut a Dolon in half and you get what? ... a pair of Spatha!
Now we find out if Sara knows some butterfly knife techniques ;)

Unfortunately, it's been almost 10 years since I saw that StarWars film. I don't remember how Darth Maul died. :(
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Slamlander wrote:Unfortunately, it's been almost 10 years since I saw that StarWars film. I don't remember how Darth Maul died. :(
Gets cut in half (after the same thing happens to his double-ended lightsaber).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Post by Flintlock »

Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:Unfortunately, it's been almost 10 years since I saw that StarWars film. I don't remember how Darth Maul died. :(
Gets cut in half (after the same thing happens to his double-ended lightsaber).
And then falls down a convenient hole.
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
ratfox
Forum Regular

Post by ratfox »

But from the sparks flying, it seems that Poe went for the version where cutting in two a double-bladed magic thingy does not give you two one-bladed magic thingies, but two worthless sticks.

I'm impressed by Paul. I would not have thought he had the abilities. Generally speaking, top advisers to high commanders are not chosen for their combat skills, even when the high commander herself is known to be the best fighter the order ever had.

...He has therefore come one step closer to being completely competent to be the high commander himself.
Aajav-Khan
Forum Regular

Post by Aajav-Khan »

So, Sara has lost his weapon and is down? Big brother and his magic bullet(tm) to the rescue! Impact in 3...2...1...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Uh oh...looks like Paul is in on that particular joke. Also, unless Paul decides to stop blur fighting, Jon isn't going to come to the rescue on this one.

At least now we have a bit more understanding why Anita tolerates Paul.

One suspects that the haft of the various DF weapons have some kind of psionic-conductive circuit that channels the magical energy supplied by the user into the blades. With that circuit broken, it probably isn't possible for a novice to keep both blades active. However, Sara might still be able to activate one of the blades if she concentrates sufficiently. Even so, this has probably turned into a losing proposition for her.
Kill...more...elves.
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

ratfox wrote:...He has therefore come one step closer to being completely competent to be the high commander himself.
I thought he was first in line for the leadership but messed up (maybe related to Sara's escape can't remember).

Found the page. Ok, it wasn't certain, but he was a serious candidate.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

OK, let's see if I'm seeing this right. After exchanging blows and moves in the first six panels, in panel seven Paul scores a hit on Sara's staff and breaks it, either physically and/or setting off a magical discharge storm on it. in panel eight he whirls and does a leg sweep on the distracted Sara, knocking her feet out from under her. In panel nine he's standing, she's down, she may be disarmed, he's in position for a killing blow.

This isn't good... :o

There are several ways this could go. Paul could stop and wait to see how Anita's duel turns out. Sara could have heeded Sarine's dismissive comments about those staffs and have a secret backup she can pull. Jon could come up with one of his ingenious ideas to stop a speeding time monk. Or something I can't even envision; web comics artists tend to be tricky sorts. :D I will wait and see.

Of course we'll probably switch to Sarine and Anita, or Meji, or Ian, Nookie, and Kawaii still pounding on each other...
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Hehehehe...I just had a really wicked idea...

First: Fight between Sarine and Anita. En Par.

Jon realizes Sara's is gonna Maul-ed.

"SARA!"

Blam!

Paul deflects the bullet with his blade.

Bullet whizzes cross a panel

Anita in a jump attack towards Sarine

Bullet hits Anita's head.

A man can dream...
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."