2011-07-14: Some Credit

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-07-14: Some Credit

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Some Credit
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Re: 2011-07-14: Some Credit

Post by Flintlock »

That sign is either a "Oh shit I forgot about you being there!" sigh or a "Do you really think that's going to help you any?" sigh.

Unfortunately I'm expecting the latter, though if it does occur like others have been speculating in the other thread it could be this moment where the deflected bullet into Anita gets fired, in which case being taken by surprise (and really fast reflexes) could be the cause ;)
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Post by Nyerguds »

Okay, so why exactly hasn't Jon shot him before he was halfway that sentence? -_-
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

I'm impressed by just how fast Paul and Sara's fight was. The whole thing, in between one word and the next of Jon's sentence.

Jon should have shot when Paul decelerated, but he might be taking his cue from the fact that Paul stopped. After all, Paul could have stayed at full speed, killed Sara while she was airborne and slowing down, and Jon before he realized he was near. That he did neither might suggest to Jon that Paul wants to talk, or at least wait and see if Anita's coming back; and Jon is always willing to turn any situation to his advantage, if he can...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Nyerguds wrote:Okay, so why exactly hasn't Jon shot him before he was halfway that sentence? -_-
Most likely, because if Jon had shot at him, he wouldn't have tried to finish the sentence; he would have turned and killed Jon.

It appears, from Sara's flashback, that part of time magic is anticipation -- seeing into the near future and changing reality into some alternative, time-ninja-favoring path. Presumably that's what would have happened here. Paul would have detected the bullet before it was fired, undone the taunting, dodged the bullet if necessary, and run Jon through. End of story, or at least of Jon.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Might want to read the alt text for some guess as to what the 'sigh' means.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

This changes things a bit. Paul doesn't intend to kill them or both of them would be dead already. Paul doesn't quite strike me as the Evil Overlord type. That's Anita's job and he has been giving many indications of being well and truely fed up with Anita lately.

It sounds like Paul is calling for a pow-wow.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Of course it is a "sigh, come on", and he wasn't shot because Jon doesn't tend to shoot good guys these days. And Paul basically is one.

I still think he's a bitter man that regrets all his life up to this point.

Get on with killing Anita. Maybe by a mosquito bite.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Windwalker666
Forum Trainee

Post by Windwalker666 »

Thought: Jon is finishing (not repeating) the sentence stated briefly after Sarine and Anitia went off to do battle. Meaning that The scene we're seeing now is likely occurring just BEFORE the Anti Magic Grenade goes off. We're about to find out if the range on those things are large enough to Cover Paul and Jon.

Jons' shield of cosmic luck may just put him within range for a well timed bullet he doubts will even hit anything.

Just a thought.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Looking it all over, Paul just raised the bar substantially. Sara, in spite of all the tricks that Jon and Sarine may have taught her, is still an apprentice. Apprentice does not take Master.
Master wrote:I have taught you everything that you know but, I have not taught you everything that I know. :twisted:
I remember that line from a movie but I'm damned if I can remember which one.It's a goodun though ;)

This also puts the Sarine v Anita fight a lot more on par. Although, Sarine might be able to say that line too ;)

You sort of have to feel sorry for Sara though. Throughout the story, Sara has been pwnd quite a few times. Usually, every time she runs into (In one case, literally) a real experienced fighter.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?