2011-07-28: Missing In Action

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-07-28: Missing In Action

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Missing In Action
icekatze
Forum Regular

Re: 2011-07-28: Missing In Action

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I like Sara, she's got good initiative. :)

I'm sure Jon can find something to do even without a gun. With all the ruination, debris and general chaos, its practically a tactical thinker's playground. Maybe he can drop a piece of rubble on her, or distract her with... something. Sometimes a momentary distraction is all you need. Decoy, thats the word I'm looking for!
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Sara: Let's go kill the master of the master of my former master!

Jon: Now who put that house on my gun?

I'll be seriously disappointed if Jon doesn't have a backup. Everybody has a backup. Most even use rifles instead of handguns for hits! Where did you leave that? Not under another house, did you?

Alternatively - let's see if Jon can fight with a blade. Heh. We never saw that so far, he's more of a brawler type.

Yay! Killing still not over!
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

What's MIA is his preferred weapon ;) I agree, Jon is good at coming up with something, even if that something is a slingshot he will come up with a ranging weapon of some kind.

Anyone else notice that Sara'a staff seems to be intact once more?
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

I assume it's Paul's. He probably won't be needing it again.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

I didn't think so, but I had been hoping Jon didn't just reload entire clips, but also had an identical gun in reserve we didn't know about that he'd been swapping with the other.
Guess he thought it was too heavy with all the ammo he's carrying. The elves win on this one, didn't Sarine use to carry two swords around? Then again the elves in the Poeverse are rather strong.
TheShadowAvatar
Forum Regular

Post by TheShadowAvatar »

Really hope this isn't the set up for Jon to get offed. All alone without a gun.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

TheShadowAvatar wrote:Really hope this isn't the set up for Jon to get offed. All alone without a gun.
Jon (looking for his gun, hears a shifting of rubble, and looks up to see... a furious Ian rising from the ruins, glaring straight at him): "Uh... Hi, kid."

Ian (energy crackling from his eyes as he raises a finger towards Jon): "Yooouuuuuuu!!!"

Suddenly, disheveled and worn but still in the fight, Kawaii and Nookie zoom in from the side and land a double punch on Ian, who in a rage begins blasting wildly at them. The area starts to disintegrate.

Jon: "Yeah, I'll get back to you" (turns and runs for his life)
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Post by Flintlock »

TheShadowAvatar wrote:Really hope this isn't the set up for Jon to get offed. All alone without a gun.
That's what I got worried about too when I saw this. "Hey let's split up the party with one person not even having a weapon being left all alone shall we?" kind of move is worrying.
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Yes, its a risky move, but I think it'd be too wearing on her to drag him along towards danger (I think they're a bit behind the main combat space right now), and then he definitely wouldn't find his gun (tho with the title MIA it kinda makes me think he won't anyway).
I quite admire Sara right now. She's taking the pain and running with it, very fast.