2011-08-15: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-08-15: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2011-08-15: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Post by Slamlander »

unknown wrote:It aint over until it's over.
This almost sounds like a dénouement moment. Meji has yet to arrive. Something tells me that something else has yet to get pear-shaped.
Last edited by Slamlander on August 19th, 2011, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

I like how Sara is just sitting there in the background pondering while Jon and Sarine completely ignore her.
Never mind that she might actually have a useful opinion on what to do about the Ensigerum.

Never mind that -- given how these things usually work -- she may well be the new head of the order...
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Oh right, Jon had a shotgun. I forgot about that. So he isn't completely unarmed.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

wrog wrote: Never mind that -- given how these things usually work -- she may well be the new head of the order...
Maybe, but I think she's never going back to the Ensigerum. And casualties in Praenubilus Astu are going to be high. It'll have to be someone who stayed home.

In other words, I give you ... Imperator Chris.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

First, I have to say, the mere idea of a MACH 3 nutshot is enough to make me cringe; but then, I'm a guy. It's inborn.

Second, oh. So the big fireball wasn't Ian and the fairies crashing into the ground, it was just energy splash. That's... disturbing. They ARE fighting inside a mountain, after all, you have to wonder how much stress the roof can take before it starts coming down... But that IS a very impressive fight scene. Is this the first time Sarine has looked up and seen it?

Third, it would appear Sarine doesn't think much of Kawaii and Nookie. And yet, they're thousands of years old, they're extremely hard to hurt and powerful, they have massive experience, and they're up against a newbie who is not thinking too clearly right now. She should have some FAITH.

Fourth, even with faith, I think she should hustle. This plan is going too well, something's bound to go wrong - Ian beats the fairies and zooms towards the largest concentration of Elves he can sense, which turns out to be the civilians, a detachment of Ensigerum find them, the Gate is failing and the Elves and humans are fighting each other and themselves about who goes while there's still time - and she needs to be there to watch as things fall apart and try to come up with a plan...
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

eee wrote:Third, it would appear Sarine doesn't think much of Kawaii and Nookie. And yet, they're thousands of years old, they're extremely hard to hurt and powerful, they have massive experience, and they're up against a newbie who is not thinking too clearly right now. She should have some FAITH.

Fourth, even with faith, I think she should hustle. This plan is going too well, something's bound to go wrong - Ian beats the fairies and zooms towards the largest concentration of Elves he can sense, which turns out to be the civilians, a detachment of Ensigerum find them, the Gate is failing and the Elves and humans are fighting each other and themselves about who goes while there's still time - and she needs to be there to watch as things fall apart and try to come up with a plan...
I think that's tens of thousands of years.
To be fair Sarine has also seen them be incapacitated by fellow elves, and she doesn't know as much about them as we do. And they probably are going to start losing soon or else there wouldn't be much plot point in Meji and a full ship of reinforcements coming in soon.

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I think a good number of the elves are already through the gate and that half will be through before Meji arrives to save the day and the remainder. It seems the logical thing as elves in general (and Misa in specific) are to play some small part in the sequel, I think.
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Good luck, Sarine. Been a pleasure. If I never see you again, that is.

Jon will help her. I'm just sure. Even if he leaves now, he'll come back for her. Humans are that stupid. Or loyal, or whatever other word for stupid there was. And Sara probably hasn't seen enough of her former master's dead, anyway.

Plus, humans are curious. They'd love to see a Meiji-Ian-fight, anyway.

Somehow...I can understand.

Let's hope for a swift death and lots of show before!
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

So he has a back up fireweapon. But if my eyes aren't deceiving me, it's not simply some gun. It's the uncrowned Queen of Guns: The sawed off double-barreled shotgun! Bow before it's awesomness!

And Sarine goes for the tactical retreat. Which is the logical choice. Her combat group is exhausted, two of the three wounded even. And they pretty much accomplished their goal of acting as a diversion for the group of civilians they found to reach (hopefully) an exit to safety.
And with all due respect to the Paedagogusi. They are dealing with a guy, possessed by the powers of one of their gods. So Sarines assumption sounds pretty accurate to me.

Second panel, I'm not quite sure: Is Sara leaning on the spear for stability there or is she prodding Anita to make sure she's dead? Which would seem rather pointless, regarding the nature of Sara's hit. But then not too long ago, Anita was something like a god-like, invincible uber-hero to her. So I could understand the latter. Probably with the fact that she just killed the head of her order only slowly actually sinking in.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Graybeard wrote:I give you ... Imperator Chris.
That is absolutely terrifying.

O.O'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.