2011-08-28: State of Everything Not Comic

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-08-28: State of Everything Not Comic

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for State of Everything Not Comic
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: 2011-08-28: State of Everything Not Comic

Post by Sareth »

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sometimes life has a way of looking at how much you have on your plate and deciding to lean over to its best bud to say, "Y'all watch this!" Makes it rough. Being as I've been there, done that, I more than sympathize.

Do what you need to do.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

You informed us right from the start. You'll keep a good part of it all running and plan on using hte time to do a workover on anything else that needs one...

Quite honestly. If someone starts giving you a hard time for this, he deserves to get a new one ripped! Sometimes life just deals you lemons. And making lemonade takes some time to do it right. So no sweat. Do what you have to do and take care of yourself! This all is worth a lot, to you and to us alike. But it's not worth ruining your life over it!
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Wow!
Dudes, do what you gotta do and sort the rest later! RL can sometimes be a bitch, I know. Take care of yourselves and I wish you both the best, always.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Do what you need to do. I hope everything works out for both of you.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

We agonized over this decision for months. I had such a shiny plan to make the transition easy a year and a half ago, but everything that could go wrong with it did. Unfortunately, a lot of the reason we're behind on things now is because progress rests on my ability to get things done, and I haven't been able to do my part. The books especially are my fault, because it's me that does the re-lettering and book packaging for print, and I've been trapped dealing with other problems (business, estate, and medical) so haven't had time to work on them. I've been to visit the doctor (or at least called them) an average of two or three times a month, I've had one surgery already this year (exploratory), and I am going to have two more before the year is out, each removing an organ. I learned with the laparoscopy that general anesthesia does NOT agree with me, so the recovery time is going to be longer than I'd like, too.

So I guess I'm trying to say that this sucks and it's mostly my fault and I'm really sorry. I feel like I let you guys down, and I take that very seriously. It's worse because I know it will probably be late October before I can even try to resume making progress, and with the exception of getting someone else to take over the store and bundle it in with other comics (which I devoutly wish we could do), I've already hired out all the stuff that we realistically can afford to/would want to. Progress will be slow, but I have a new system to help me balance the work load without constantly overdoing it and making myself sick, so hopefully it will at least start to be more steady than it has been to date.

That all the comments on this have been so supportive? That means a lot.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Human bodies are funny things. You can have all the willpower in the world, and they can still wind up keeping you from doing things. You're being a bit hard on yourself there, Impy. It's not like you chose to have physical issues needing surgery and which take a lot out of you. Just focus on getting better, okay?
Jared van Kell
One Post Wonder

Post by Jared van Kell »

This happens with a lot of web comic artists so don't feel bad about it, I've been reading web-comics long enough to know that this goes with the territory. You two are only human and quite frankly some readers do forget that you have a life outside of the comic.
Anyone who truly appreciates what you do will value quality over quantity so will understand if you have to slow things down. We know that within a year we will have the pleasure of being able to read Errant Story from start to finish and that it will be worth the wait.

There is never any point in making yourselves ill to make someone else happy.

JvK 8-)
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Fortunately, the story is at a point where you've basically got us hooked. Meaning you have rather wide latitude to mess with the schedule before you start losing people. Feel free to use it :)
the_leander
New Poster

Post by the_leander »

Imp-Chan wrote:We agonized over this decision for months. I had such a shiny plan to make the transition easy a year and a half ago, but everything that could go wrong with it did. Unfortunately, a lot of the reason we're behind on things now is because progress rests on my ability to get things done, and I haven't been able to do my part. The books especially are my fault, because it's me that does the re-lettering and book packaging for print, and I've been trapped dealing with other problems (business, estate, and medical) so haven't had time to work on them. I've been to visit the doctor (or at least called them) an average of two or three times a month,
It is not your fault and only the most brain dead, self centred, entitled arse would ever think or tell you otherwise.
Imp-Chan wrote: I've had one surgery already this year (exploratory), and I am going to have two more before the year is out, each removing an organ.
Um, yikes!
Imp-Chan wrote: I learned with the laparoscopy that general anesthesia does NOT agree with me, so the recovery time is going to be longer than I'd like, too.
I know that one through first hand experience. Apparently the nurse I barfed at whilst still unconscious was most put out as I was the third person to do it to her that day... :twisted:
Imp-Chan wrote: So I guess I'm trying to say that this sucks and it's mostly my fault and I'm really sorry. I feel like I let you guys down, and I take that very seriously.
You have in no way let us down. Don't you dare blame yourself over this. Health comes first, everything else beyond that is negotiable.
Imp-Chan wrote: It's worse because I know it will probably be late October before I can even try to resume making progress, and with the exception of getting someone else to take over the store and bundle it in with other comics (which I devoutly wish we could do), I've already hired out all the stuff that we realistically can afford to/would want to. Progress will be slow, but I have a new system to help me balance the work load without constantly overdoing it and making myself sick, so hopefully it will at least start to be more steady than it has been to date.
Seriously, we'll live and we'll all still be here once you're through it all. So don't sweat it.
Imp-Chan wrote: That all the comments on this have been so supportive? That means a lot.

-_-'
Just a quick question, whilst I know the store is out, will donations still go through?