2011-09-05: Repop

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2011-09-05: Repop

Post by Itterind »

Yeah, the new sister Ian created seemed nice and fresh enough before she got melted. Doesn't recreating memories and personalities perfectly go all the way down to quantum physics?

PS. I can't find where Meji admits being surprised about not killing her friends. Anyway, if its out there someway I think she's only half-serious a lot of the time and is willing to take risks.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Just a clarification on the "surprised as anyone else that she didn't kill all her friends yet" statement...that was approbation, not opprobrium. I was giving her a little more credit than perhaps was justified.

Sorry about that.
Kill...more...elves.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Ooo! Ooo! Came up with another way Ellis might survive! The link between Meji and Ellis, whatever it is, is apparently still in effect; that how she felt him starting to dispel. She reaches through the link and forces him to reintegrate. Ian, suddenly confronted by Ellis somehow resisting his power, cranks it up and tries to dispel him again. Meji pours more power into the link and makes Ellis stay intact. They keep this up for several seconds while Ellis, suddenly in a tug of war between two noob gods, starts screaming abuse at everyone and everything in sight and sinks his teeth into Ian's thumb. Hilarity ensues.

Or maybe not.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

Anthony wrote:I'm inclined to assume that you can create a new person, you just can't recreate an old person.
unless somebody remembered to take a backup.
joemann
One Post Wonder

Post by joemann »

If Ian does kill Ellis, I feel sorry for him due to the following quote: "A woman scorned and Hell hath no fury".
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

Neither the Heavens have rage such as love turned to hatred, nor hell has a fury such as a woman scorned.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Ori Klein wrote:Neither the Heavens have rage such as love turned to hatred, nor hell has a fury such as a woman scorned.
Close -- very close -- but the actual line is:
William Congreve wrote:Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/ Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
In The Mourning Bride, written in 1697. (Thanks, Wikiquote.)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

Graybeard wrote:Close -- very close -- but the actual line is:
William Congreve wrote:Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned/ Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
In The Mourning Bride, written in 1697. (Thanks, Wikiquote.)
I'm well aware of that literary work. I've long since enhanced and refined the phrase to perfection. Zara has been replaced by the Baroness.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

eee wrote:Ooo! Ooo! Came up with another way Ellis might survive! The link between Meji and Ellis, whatever it is, is apparently still in effect; that how she felt him starting to dispel. She reaches through the link and forces him to reintegrate. Ian, suddenly confronted by Ellis somehow resisting his power, cranks it up and tries to dispel him again. Meji pours more power into the link and makes Ellis stay intact. They keep this up for several seconds while Ellis, suddenly in a tug of war between two noob gods, starts screaming abuse at everyone and everything in sight and sinks his teeth into Ian's thumb. Hilarity ensues.

Or maybe not.
Oh I wish so much.
I think I might trade Ellis' core character (might be stretching things a bit far, but I think he is) death up to and including Misa even.

wrog wrote:
Anthony wrote:I'm inclined to assume that you can create a new person, you just can't recreate an old person.
unless somebody remembered to take a backup.
That's not the same person, it is a backup. The data for a clone at a specific point in time materialized upon the loss of the preceding original or copy.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

But if that isn't the same person, then can we make the argument that any of us is the same person as the one that existed at a previous point in time?
Kill...more...elves.