2011-11-03: I'll Go Away Afterwards.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-11-03: I'll Go Away Afterwards.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for I'll Go Away Afterwards.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Re: 2011-11-03: I'll Go Away Afterwards.

Post by DatDude »

Ian Ian Ian you are one sick little monkey. You dont get to kill'em all and have it be ok man.

Someone call jon to shot this a-hole please :P
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death however mutable man may be able to make them our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light. Stanley Kubrick
mrd143
New Poster

Post by mrd143 »

yeah, Ian is clearly wayyyyy out of his mind. Ian is also giving a very good demonstration of why the elves want to get rid of all half-elves.
Last edited by mrd143 on November 3rd, 2011, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wingshad0w
Forum Trainee

Post by wingshad0w »

Guys, I think there's something wrong with Ian.
Like really super mega wrong.
Like more than the rest of the comic wrong.
Ok like more than all of his pre-godhood wrong at least.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

wingshad0w wrote:Guys, I think there's something wrong with Ian.
Just like Hitler, Stalin, Polpot, Mladic, and etc. Ian justifies mass-murder by the perceived good that it'll do for the rest of the humans. He thinks that it will balance the scales; it won't. However, as long as Ian thinks it does then he will continue onwards. As I stated earlier, Ian thinks that he is on the path of righteousness. But then, so do the elves hunting down all half-elves because they thank that those are all Errants.

In a way, this is worse. Deep down, Ian knows that what he's doing is very wrong but he's doing it anyway because of his rationalization. The road to hell ...
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
CptNerd
Forum Regular
Twitter @: CptNerd

Post by CptNerd »

Oh, yeah.

He's lost it, big time.

If there's an edge, he's light years past it.

I almost feel sorry for him, in his childish rage, except for all the people he's killed, and for what he's doing to Meji.

:x
matapat
Forum Trainee

Post by matapat »

Well, looks like Ian's villainous breakdown is in full swing. Interesting to see where this goes and how much more shit gets blown up before the dust settles. :shock:
Slamlander wrote:
Just like Hitler, Stalin, Polpot, Mladic, and etc. Ian justifies mass-murder by the perceived good that it'll do for the rest of the humans. He thinks that it will balance the scales; it won't. However, as long as Ian thinks it does then he will continue onwards. As I stated earlier, Ian thinks that he is on the path of righteousness. But then, so do the elves hunting down all half-elves because they thank that those are all Errants.

In a way, this is worse. Deep down, Ian knows that what he's doing is very wrong but he's doing it anyway because of his rationalization. The road to hell ...
I wouldn't necessarily say it's worse. It's still not justifiable, but all the evil things the elves have done over the years has brought this massive karmic smackdown upon themselves in a way. What the elves did to set all this in motion with the Errant wars set Ian on this path to begin with, what goes around comes around.
Lurker 314
Forum Regular

Post by Lurker 314 »

Slamlander wrote:

It reminds me of the "gambler's ruin" problem where when the gambler loses, they "double down" until they run out of money. Every time things didn't work out, Ian raised the stakes with a crazy scheme bigger than the last. And up to now, he's had the power to escalate to the next ploy to make things "better". But now, he's out of godjuice.

Thinking about it, there's a bunch of stories like this. The person who offs someone for easy money, and then has to kill more and more people who find out the secret. Real life companies that slowly transform from legitimate business to bookcooking sham as the leadership reaches for more and more fraudulent tricks in order to hide not just the original problem but also all the other crimes that have gone on since.
Naruthir
New Poster

Post by Naruthir »

matapat wrote:Well, looks like Ian's villainous breakdown is in full swing. Interesting to see where this goes and how much more shit gets blown up before the dust settles. :shock:

I wouldn't necessarily say it's worse. It's still not justifiable, but all the evil things the elves have done over the years has brought this massive karmic smackdown upon themselves in a way. What the elves did to set all this in motion with the Errant wars set Ian on this path to begin with, what goes around comes around.
That is just wrong in so many levels, the Half elves was the one that started mass murdering, the elves started killing Half elves after they wiped out the elven cities. Get the facts straight. And as you see, Ian is more then justifying the annihilation of all Half elves, they have too much power when they go mad.

To put all of this into terms that most can relate to, this is not much different from US government and al-Qaeda. The elves are like US government, and half elves are like al-Qaeda. It is impossible to prove that all Half elves are al-Qaeda, but to the public, the Half elves that has been detained and killed are told to be the ones that "was on the verge of madness". To stop another 9/11 attack, the Elves has been hunting the Half elves that was though to be off risk. Ian is nothing more then Osama bin Laden himself.
Last edited by Naruthir on November 4th, 2011, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RollFizzlebeef
New Poster

Post by RollFizzlebeef »

"Meiji, tell me like you done before, about the half-elves."
"Okay, I'll tell ya. Humans like us that got pointy ears are the loneliest guys in the world. They got no family, and they don't belong noplace. They got nothin' to look ahead to."
"But not us, Meiji! Tell about us!"
"Well, we ain't like that. We got a future 'cause we got magical god-aliens. Those other guys can get slaughtered by rangers for all anyone cares."
"I got Anilis to look after me, and you got Senilis to look after you! But, Meiji, tell me about how it's gonna be."
"Someday... we're gonna have a floating island, and we're gonna have half-elves, and--"
"And humans, and trolls. And, and tell about the dwarves, and the mages, and the-- the fairies..."
"Well, why don't you do it yourself? You know all of it."