2011-12-29: I am not yet dead!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2011-12-29: I am not yet dead!

Post by Slamlander »

Well damn! I'm glad that you're back. I've always had faith in you. BTW, thanks for announcing this post with a tweet. There were a bunch of us that were worried about you, may you come back stronger than before.

Is that wayferin script for life? ... bummer!
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
bloatboy
One Post Wonder

Post by bloatboy »

Hoping your recovery and rehab is swift.

Thank you for giving us the update.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Slamlander wrote:Is that wayferin script for life? ... bummer!
Yes, and worse I have to get a med bracelet because apparently it is common practice to run Heparin through IV lines to clear them, even for people without a clotting disorder, but I developed an allergy to it which seems to be life-threatening, and if I'm unconscious, the hospital needs to know not to give it to me. Warfarin for life also means no leafy greens, as well as monitoring my blood levels every month or so, and more often until it stabilizes.

Worse than everything else: Because my heart rate is still elevated (it's coming down, it was at 134 and is now around 100), I am not allowed to have caffeine. I miss my coffee!

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-12-29: I am not yet dead!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for I am not yet dead!
havard
New Poster
Twitter @: jhavard

Post by havard »

Once again, glad you're home. Be sure to kick ass in therapy, and work extra hard on any assigned home exercises. Impress your therapists.
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

I am not yet dead!
Literally, all I needed to hear.

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

It is so very good to hear from you again. The determination you show in your post makes clear that you are going to bounce back from this stronger than ever. You're an inspiration, Impy, and that's a fact.

Welcome back.
Skinnydaddy
New Poster

Post by Skinnydaddy »

woooohooooo!Glad to hear your out and doing so well. Always have hated hospitals. You go for something they tell you is routine and you wake up weeks later with a bill larger than several small countries GNP and to find out most of your friends are banned from the building for showing up in full LARP costumes and the staff now think your a cult leader or something.(the friends did not find out I was in till a local con had started so they all left the con and went strait to the hospital to visit me. It did not go well.)

Hope you feel better and recover soon.
Last edited by Skinnydaddy on December 31st, 2011, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You See, There's this thing called "Aggro." It's a very complicated, very technical role-playing expression.
Loosely Translated, it means "The Priest Dies."
gharris1729
New Poster

Post by gharris1729 »

So glad you're recovering! Was feeling sympathy anxiety for you. If you don't mind my asking, what exactly was wrong? If you do mind my asking, sorry, I retract the question.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I still don't quite know exactly what was wrong, I'm going to ask my doctor to walk me through my chart at my follow-up appointment so that I can make sense of it. I remember that I went in to have my gallbladder removed, went home, puked for a week straight, called the doctor, was told to go to the emergency room, and eventually after I refused to go into surgery until someone explained what was going on, they told me I had a large clot in my liver and they were going in to remove it. I woke up two months later, gradually. Apparently I was only semi-lucid for a while, and since my memory of events is a series of dark but wildly creative hallucinations, I don't quite know the order of events there, nor do I know everything that went wrong enough for them to keep me under as long as they did. I do know that some stuff was getting through the fog, but I don't have any idea what order it happened in and what was real or imagined. The thing that Poe thought was me trying to trick him into leaving me a full cup of ice water was during a hallucination, I know... what really happened was that I was afraid that if he left with the ice, they'd take it away forever, and I'd only just been given permission to have it, so I wanted to keep the option open. I was desperate for an icy beverage (like a slushy or Hawaiian ice, but preferably with concentrated real fruit juice), and kept trying to tell people that. Except, I thought all that was happening on a multi-dimensional hospital train, which obviously it was not.

I did eventually get a slushy. I finished about 4 ounces of it over a period of two or three hours. It was awesome.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.