2003-04-04: Emergency Meat-Shield Supply

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-11-23: [CT]Emergency Meat-Shield Supply

Post by taltamir »

Imp-Chan wrote:
taltamir wrote:Problem here is that a society with excess has an obesity problem not a malnutrition problem...
Actually, it frequently has both, and malnutrition can cause obesity.'
Yes I am aware of the technical definition of malnutrition and the fact you can have an obese person with malnutrition (not getting their vitamins).
I meant ... well, shortage of food? There is no simple word for that I can think of
Imp-Chan wrote:If there was just one class that I could require for all US students, it would be "How Food Works," a combination of studying nutrition and learning how to prepare and maintain a balanced diet on a very tight budget. I think it would have a massive and positive impact on our nation, affecting everything from health to body image to personal debt. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish making Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup.
That would require there being a consensus on how food works :)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

taltamir wrote:I meant ... well, shortage of food? There is no simple word for that I can think of
Famine?
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

BloodHenge wrote:
taltamir wrote:I meant ... well, shortage of food? There is no simple word for that I can think of
Famine?
thats the word, thanks