2012-02-06: Chapter Fifty Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-02-06: Chapter Fifty Commentary

Post by eee »

No no no I don't want the ride to be over! I want things to get better! I want Ian to come back and he and Meji to have an awkward, passionate, angsty, up and down relationship fueled by teenage hormones, godlike power, and divergent outlooks! I want Ellis reincorporated and tossed to the Paedagogusi ("OMG! Kitty boy!"); or maybe, given his libido, the other way around ("OMG! Kitty BOY!!!")! I want to meet Continuity (well, that will probably happen in the epilogue, anyway), find out who Future Meji and Future Ian are, see the the space continuum reset, watch Sarine and Jon try to live together and maybe raise a family (BOY that would epic in itself), Sara to meet Exitialis and still be poker faced, the Elves to get their opinions changed whether they want them to or not, and more people to die by the thousands! OK, I don't exactly want the last part, but that will probably happen anyway. I wanna STAY!

(Is drug off, sobbing and wailing, leaving fingernail furrows in the ground as he's pulled along...)
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Don't worry... there will a sequel. Two, actually.

And Errant Tales is making slow but steady progress. There are lots of interesting things happening in this world that don't involve the current story at all... and a few that will spring out and surprise you when they do.

Just, well, don't forget about us in the off season. It would suck to put all that time and energy into new stories just to find out there's no one left to enjoy them. I tried to set it up so that Errant Tales would start immediately and no one would have to get bored waiting, but it didn't work out. So yeah, don't give up, and keep checking back.

If nothing else, we still have to finish putting out the books, and there will be new unique bonus content in every last one of those.

^-^'

Edit: And if you get truly, unbearably lonely and don't care if the content isn't at all related to comics, I just started what should be an interesting series of posts exploring my own personal take on today's hot new riot-inciting topics.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Impy, you have no idea how good it is to hear that. Seriously.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Keep up the good work you two. Yours is the only webcomic (actually, one of the few things in general) that has managed to keep my attention consistently through the years.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Imp-Chan wrote:Just, well, don't forget about us in the off season. It would suck to put all that time and energy into new stories just to find out there's no one left to enjoy them. I tried to set it up so that Errant Tales would start immediately and no one would have to get bored waiting, but it didn't work out. So yeah, don't give up, and keep checking back.
If I may make a suggestion? (May be a little late to implement now, but could still be useful going forward).

Subscriptions. I don't mean pay-for-content, I just mean updates get pushed to people's in-boxes. Maybe just a notice that there is a new comic, with a link to it, to keep people hitting the site instead of just reading in their mailbox. You could generalize it into a general-purpose mailing list, and let people select what kind of updates they want: new comic published, new items in the store, general news; categorized into Errant Story/Tales/etc, BJ/EN/DNPWWO/etc, All Things Poe (all the above plus anything new in the future), etc. Major syndicated comics like Dilbert do this, I'm surprised more webcomics don't, since the web is their/your domain after all.

This way, you don't have to worry about people forgetting to check back in later. They may forget you in the interim (I wouldn't), but then as soon as something new goes out, they'll hear about it and remember. IIRC, it took me a while after EN ended to even realize Poe had another project going.

I know RSS can accomplish this functionality already but the adoption of RSS by casual users is sadly low, and an email list would probably grab more people's attention.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

And another suggestion; hot uncensored Misa x Sara action... I would definitely keep coming back if such was posted at regular intervals.

Also, email be good.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:And another suggestion; hot uncensored Misa x Sara action... I would definitely keep coming back if such was posted at regular intervals.

Also, email be good.
+1 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I'm still clamoring for some Riley x anybody (preferably female) action.

Labrat, you there with me? (And good to have you back. It's been too clean in here without you.)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Forrest wrote:I'm still clamoring for some Riley x anybody (preferably female) action.

Labrat, you there with me? (And good to have you back. It's been too clean in here without you.)
Doom am I, full-ripe, dealing death to the worlds, engaged in devouring mankind.
Yes. Yes, I am with you. Anything involving Riley can not possibly be bad, regardless of her being either intersexed or male with gynecomastia.

The other partner? Yes, female would be nice, but I'm not picky. It could be Ellis, propagating the 'A Cat Is Fine Too' meme, and I would have no objection. Riley is just that delicious.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I can't help but endorse this. All of it. In fact, how about all of it at once? Misa on Sara on Riley on Ellis action for the win.