2012-02-13: Epilogue: Ever After

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2012-02-13: Epilogue: Ever After

Post by Graybeard »

davester65 wrote:
Graybeard wrote:
Anthony wrote:And has apparently grown at least a foot of extra hair. And is wearing a braid. It does look suspiciously like Misa.
Hair color isn't right, though. That primo wallpaper of Misa some time ago (really wish the store's links were working again, but you can see a capture of it in the wiki) shows her to have lavender-colored hair, not this orange, which is very Sarine.

If this really is Sarine, I am even more in love with her than I was earlier. Don't tell my wife, please.
Her hair doesn't look quite red enough to be Sarine IMHO. Dare I suggest this might me Sarine & Jons half elf daughter? Maybe watching her parents out for an evening stroll.
I must say, that is a genuinely appealing thought.

Has to have some connection to Sarine, though. Most elven women are so lacking in curves as to make a normal human female seem like the Venus of Willendorf. Whoever is looking out the window here ... isn't, and once Poe made some comment about Sarine being, quote unquote, "stacked" by elven standards.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
javcs
New Poster

Post by javcs »

davester65 wrote:
Graybeard wrote:
Anthony wrote:And has apparently grown at least a foot of extra hair. And is wearing a braid. It does look suspiciously like Misa.
Hair color isn't right, though. That primo wallpaper of Misa some time ago (really wish the store's links were working again, but you can see a capture of it in the wiki) shows her to have lavender-colored hair, not this orange, which is very Sarine.

If this really is Sarine, I am even more in love with her than I was earlier. Don't tell my wife, please.
Her hair doesn't look quite red enough to be Sarine IMHO. Dare I suggest this might me Sarine & Jons half elf daughter? Maybe watching her parents out for an evening stroll.
Wrong ears for a half elf. She's got the full-elf ears. Half-elf ears are smaller, less pronounced.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Graybeard wrote:Has to have some connection to Sarine, though. Most elven women are so lacking in curves as to make a normal human female seem like the Venus of Willendorf. Whoever is looking out the window here ... isn't, and once Poe made some comment about Sarine being, quote unquote, "stacked" by elven standards.
As I recall, the other Elves thought of her more as "the fat chick". All those unsightly lipid deposits on the chest...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Forrest wrote:
Graybeard wrote:Has to have some connection to Sarine, though. Most elven women are so lacking in curves as to make a normal human female seem like the Venus of Willendorf. Whoever is looking out the window here ... isn't, and once Poe made some comment about Sarine being, quote unquote, "stacked" by elven standards.
As I recall, the other Elves thought of her more as "the fat chick". All those unsightly lipid deposits on the chest...
Actually, that was my speculation, simultaneously partly confirmed and partly rebutted by Poe. Impy was the original poster who reported the "stacked" part.

Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

It's Sarine. The lighting effects just killed all the red in her hair.
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Michael Poe wrote:It's Sarine. The lighting effects just killed all the red in her hair.
Then she needs to stabbenate people faster. The blood of your enemies makes a magnificent hair-dye. The only problem is that getting the carpet to match the drapes involves a whole new level of kink.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

Labrat wrote:
Michael Poe wrote:It's Sarine. The lighting effects just killed all the red in her hair.
Then she needs to stabbenate people faster. The blood of your enemies makes a magnificent hair-dye. The only problem is that getting the carpet to match the drapes involves a whole new level of kink.
I believe by the going scale, it would only be half of a level of added kink.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Wow.

This is a Sarine we've never seen before. She looks ... well ... serene. One can't help but wonder what kind of social changes(*) have occurred that leave her in that kind of mood.

(*)Yes, I know, the human sex toy probably has something to do with it.

Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Since there's no way of knowing just how much time has passed...

I wonder if this was Poe's chance to kill off Jon after all. To subvert all of our expectations, maybe Jon died of old age, and off screen. In the brief-to-her time that Sarine knew Jon, she came to terms with her past and her husband's death, allowing her to also accept Jon's death. End result: a Sarine at ease with her place in the world, in a big screw-you to the normal elf concept of pining forever nonsense.
ubergeek72
Forum Trainee

Post by ubergeek72 »

If it turned out that the same thing that made errant half-elves occur is what ultimately made the elven race unable to breed, fixing the one might fix the other. It might also make elves no longer ageless, which would resolve a lot of her problems with having a relationship with Jon.

On the other hand, my record for predicting Poe's plotlines is pretty pathetic (alliteration ftw), so having predicted this, I predict it will /not/ be the case.

-JRS