2012-02-16: Reappearance

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-02-16: Reappearance

Post by Initial B »

Well, it looks like things started out well for Meji, but I'll hold off on saying she did good until after the crazy genes kicked in...
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Initial B wrote:Well, it looks like things started out well for Meji, but I'll hold off on saying she did good until after the crazy genes kicked in...
Meji was born with her crazy genes kicked in. Then she got bored with explosions and went sane.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Labrat wrote:
Initial B wrote:Well, it looks like things started out well for Meji, but I'll hold off on saying she did good until after the crazy genes kicked in...
Meji was born with her crazy genes kicked in. Then she got bored with explosions and went sane.
Her crazy genes came from her grandpa, not the dick of an elven father.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Ahhhh, a person/people are still fighting that Meji is a responsible Goddess. It's like the cherry on top of a cream cake. :D
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Tiamat wrote:Everyone forgets that that's not how it happened. He showed up by creating a magical thunderstorm that started ripping apart buildings, THEN they sent Lumi at him because he was attacking the city's religious center. I'd hardly call their attack stupid and misguided. Flailing and desperate, maybe.
I didn't say their attack was stupid and misguided, I said their attack was the source of the massive damage.
He ripped a building open and killed some guards, but the massive amounts of death was caused when their attack failed and exploded. Their own attack had justification but it was still the real source of massive damage.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

taltamir wrote:I didn't say their attack was stupid and misguided
... But you did.
taltamir wrote:Ian did a lot of stupid shit but all the damage was caused by their stupid and misguided attacks against him.
And that was the whole reason I responded. Also, if you want to get technical the real source of the damage was Ian's dispelling of Lumi, which caused him to explode. Their 'attack' only caused some more structural damage to the Veracian Vatican, because it was one swing of that huge axe. They weren't using wide area destructive magics.

The end result is that all of this is still Ian's fault.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Tiamat wrote:The end result is that all of this is still Ian's fault.
And the decloaking of Tsuiraku is the Elves fault, since Luminosita exploded against their barrier upon trying to invade their lands?

Granted, in that case Veracia attacked first, but even if the Elves had assassinated their Patriarch before hand, they wouldn't be to blame for Veracia's attempted tactical nuke becoming a massive dirty bomb when it ran into a defense mechanism. Ian's disspel was a similar defense mechanism. He struck some of their buildings with lightning. They ripped open one of their own buildings in counterattack. Then they tried to rip open Ian, and in response he cracked open the weapon they used to do so... at which it exploded violently.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Tiamat wrote:... But you did.
oops, fair enough.
if you want to get technical the real source of the damage was Ian's dispelling of Lumi, which caused him to explode.
Yes, and that is their fault for using such an unstable, badly designed, barely controlled weapon whose nature is falsified to those who operate it. Imagine if the people in charge of nuclear weapons IRL were indoctrinated into believing them to be ceremonial god summon devices rather then a man made weapon.