2012-02-20: Coming Home

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-02-20: Coming Home

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Coming Home
minigendo
Forum Trainee

Re: 2012-02-20: Coming Home

Post by minigendo »

I'm not sure if this is a thing, but I noticed it and thought I'd post it.

"advances in magic and technogy that were ultimitly "

should probably be "advances in magic and technology that were ultimately"

My apologies if this was out of place.
stellar
Forum Trainee

Post by stellar »

minigendo wrote:I'm not sure if this is a thing, but I noticed it and thought I'd post it.

Also "populance" has an unrequired N. Brings up images of a giant spear made out of people :lol:

Yes Sarine, I tend to agree. Humans *are* bloody insane.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

minigendo wrote:I'm not sure if this is a thing, but I noticed it and thought I'd post it.

Just FYI, there's a whole thread for these finds, which were common once upon a time (Poe's a terrific artist, but his spelling can be ... creative ...) but have become much less so as Errant Story has "matured." There even used to be a regular format for reporting them. No problem pointing them out here, though.

Yes, humans are bloody crazy, but I wonder who or what might be so unfamiliar with that fact that Sarine feels the need to point it out. Also, her casual mention of Santuariel is noteworthy -- although less unexpected now than before that incredible timeline went up.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Sensibly ignored?

Well, there's a lot to be said for stability (I'm guessing she was trying to set up various R&D organizations). I guess she got that degree too, what with all her achievements!

wohooo Meji hit the jackpot!!

Too bad about Ellis : (
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Interestingly enough, that "throw yourself into the air as hard as you can" method of flight actually works. It's why rockets don't need wings.

Also: "throw yourself at the ground and miss" works too. It's how satellites stay in orbit.

I imagine the "sensibly ignored" advice from Meji was something like "micro-tentacle monsters (without parental controls) shall be presented to every girl on her 12th birthday, all men within [specified measurements of attractiveness] are forbidden from wearing clothing, also I demand a tribute of, uh, roses... no, chocolate... no, ponies!... damnit surprise me with something good on my birthday every year, all of you!"

"And in memorial of our dearly departed, the borough of Ellisville will be established as a home for all stray familiars..."
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Forrest wrote:Interestingly enough, that "throw yourself into the air as hard as you can" method of flight actually works. It's why rockets don't need wings.

Also: "throw yourself at the ground and miss" works too. It's how satellites stay in orbit.

I imagine the "sensibly ignored" advice from Meji was something like "micro-tentacle monsters (without parental controls) shall be presented to every girl on her 12th birthday, all men within [specified measurements of attractiveness] are forbidden from wearing clothing, also I demand a tribute of, uh, roses... no, chocolate... no, ponies!... damnit surprise me with something good on my birthday every year, all of you!"

"And in memorial of our dearly departed, the borough of Ellisville will be established as a home for all stray familiars..."
Awwwwwwww....

+ I wouldn'd mind the birthday gift either. ^^

Hmmm, what's next for Meji Hinadori? I hope she doesn't suddenly disappear or have to leave (perhaps to fix some problem related to why the gods died in the first place, though I think being a half-elf made an acceptable substitute for Exitialis) or some sort of trouble breaks out that she isn't able to solve. I don't think she is going to go nuts.
4uk4ata
Errant Scholar

Post by 4uk4ata »

Well, you never know. Plenty of time for her to flip out and kill people later. Surprising that the "devil girl" would mature into a voice of reason, and a much more sensible (supposedly) guy would turn out into a genocidal maniac with no regard for collateral damage.

"... ensured that the elves would never be able to attack the town."

Eh, the 700-ish elves without any possible reproduction ability (unless she managed to fix that, too) don't seem a particularly dangerous enemy - unlike Veracia, which might have had something to say about Ian's unprovoked attack on their capital. Then again, the elves don't have many other options, so they could try to go out in a blaze of glory.,,

Nah, most of them would probably mope and go through PTSD for a century or two at least :roll: .
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

4uk4ata wrote: "... ensured that the elves would never be able to attack the town."

Eh, the 700-ish elves without any possible reproduction ability (unless she managed to fix that, too) don't seem a particularly dangerous enemy - unlike Veracia, which might have had something to say about Ian's unprovoked attack on their capital.
It was probably mostly symbolic though, what with the whole "stop your hearts" thing. Also, maybe she is considering long term. She may not have figured out how to extend her life indefinitely (or isn't sure if she wants to live "forever"). From the timeline, she presumably lives for at least 902 more years.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

All well and good, but what I really want to know is:

1. Did Meji absorb Ian's plasma-entity so she actually has two beings inside her? Perhaps the remnants of the two consciousnesses, along with her own, might form a sustainable, stable trinity that benefited all parties?

2. Did Sara become the new Ensigerum leader?

3. Did Sarine and Jon make a bunch of Errant babies? :D