2012-03-05: Another Story

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-03-05: Another Story

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Another Story
sarevock
New Poster

Re: 2012-03-05: Another Story

Post by sarevock »

BOOM!
stellar
Forum Trainee

Post by stellar »

Yeah ... BOOM. :|

Now I'm insanely curious as to what it is that causes people to be uncertain about her responsibility in .. whatever it is that happens next. Sounds seriously iffy.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I have / have been having the feeling that the horrible things Meji is going to do-ish are going to be the subject of Another Story. Or, as it were, a Legend. Or maybe a Myth.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Lurker 314
Forum Regular

Post by Lurker 314 »

All those initial fears and worries we all hadd [sic] that Meji would misuse the Gods' powers, try to conquer the world, or become like Ian were proven unfounded... for the first ten years.
These conditional statements that really say the opposite are growing a bit tedious. Do elves really talk like that? If I were to rule Earth with an iron hand, I'm certain that concerns that I would abuse my power, say to make a giant but tasteful pile of human skulls or somesuch, would be proven unfounded... for about a week. Past that initial period of hopeful optimism, the use of the phrase "well-founded concerns" seems a bit more accurate.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

people noticed you are not wearing underwear
They were supposed to... I bet she hasn't had any action since Ian.
Tortenschachtel
Forum Trainee

Post by Tortenschachtel »

taltamir wrote:
people noticed you are not wearing underwear
They were supposed to... I bet she hasn't had any action since Ian.
She had any action with Ian?

I knew this was too quiet. Demigods never rule in peace for long.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

I don't think whatever happened was her fault primarily. She probably did something foolish upon provocation, but all her actions post-ascendance show rational benevolence. And before her ascendance she was a fairly reasonable person too, who only killed in self defense and was slightly perturbed when others did so unnecessarily (like when Jon shot those guys and Ian splattered the guards).
I'm as proud of Meji as some comics ago, it's just easier to say so now without looking like I'm (or actually) gloating too much. We all knew it couldn't last forever, history doesn't just end, though I had hoped the new city would last for more than ten years - maybe Malacia is just jinxed (not trying to take any responsibility off of her ;)).

Anyway Sarine gets her happy ending by the chapter pic so I'm guessing the world doesn't go all upside down.

And yeah, I prefered her old style of clothes.
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Ten years is a good time for a rising city. Ten years till the frst war or conflict is rather good. And well, of course it wasn't her fault. The evil powers lead by the scanner must be the force behind it.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

...and there it is - the sentence we all knew was coming. The good times couldn't last. This is Poe, after all. :P