2012-03-05: Another Story

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-03-05: Another Story

Post by Itterind »

Madayar wrote:Ten years is a good time for a rising city. Ten years till the frst war or conflict is rather good. And well, of course it wasn't her fault. The evil powers lead by the scanner must be the force behind it.
The scanner? : )

---
To fill out on my earlier post: I wouldn't side mindlessly with Meji in the conflicts ahead. I'm sure she makes awful mistakes, but whoever provoked her did worse and ultimately if she makes the mistakes that forces a conflict till the end the victor should be her, and the nine hundred years give us good reason to guess she is (maybe she's not even dead at the end of it and just leaves). In the future sequence she told us things would get very bad and there was the hint that things wouldn't make up for it in some ways, at least emotionally, but there was something of a tenor that things mostly worked out and what she needed was the emotional constitution to see through her life during the upheavals. So I'm guessing whatever is coming is basically a world war, that severely damages but not outright cripples civilization, but with understated (emotionally not too apparent) yet important benefits on the side.

What I'm saying is that if I was a third-party world leader at the time of the coming conflict I would stay neutral, but generally have stronger soft relations with be more accomodating towards the Church/Army/Following of Meji. If I was forced to either remain fully neutral or support her I'd have to look at the situation in question, but I wouldn't end up fighting her unless my polity was specifically attacked.
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

...you've stopped bothering to wear underwear under your flowing goddess robe thing.
They say that as if it was a bad thing.
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Itterind wrote:The scanner? : )
See the comment of Poe on the comic - the scanner rejected the comic, so obviously he's leading the evil forces.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Maybe the scanner is secretly an antihero that failed heroically at convincing Poe to give happiness a longer lifespan?
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Itterind wrote:Maybe the scanner is secretly an antihero that failed heroically at convincing Poe to give happiness a longer lifespan?
It seems Poe only did the whole comic to really piss off the scanner. Alternatively he started the comic, the scanner got pissed because of it, and thus the war ensued. Obviously the scanner hated anything elven. And the fact that Poe turned it around gives him credit. I suspect every comic was altered by the scanner itself and it was a constant fight to get the story back so Meiji would win. Subtle changes in the panels, weaknesses hidden behind strengths of the opponent. Ian probably was the scanner's agent of destruction. And seeing that Poe as trying to give Meiji a home of herself to rule had to inevitably lead to destruction through the vengeful scanner.

Or something like that.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

It was more that I just could not get a bloody non blurry scan out of any of these panels.
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

My guess is that the classic cliche applies.
God raised land. God saw it is good. God decided to share. God opens land to all. Man come to land. Man corrupt land. Man abuse all God's gifts and behave selfishly. God's wrathful. God decide to punish. God gave land, God now take land away.
In short: Meji decided that they're all too unworthy of her gift of paradise and destroyed paradise.

"You kids can't play nice so I'm going home and I'm taking my toys back with me." + "This is why we can't have nice things."
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Initial B wrote:...and there it is - the sentence we all knew was coming. The good times couldn't last. This is Poe, after all. :P
If it is all good-times then we wouldn't have a story, non? Show me one single story in mythology ... forget that ... *anywhere* and in any venue, where all is sweetness and light all the time. ... BORING! ...
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

.... Aria .... ?

Haibane Renmei comes fairly close, too. Most of the time.

Though the latter is pretty much as light and fluffy as I can be interested in.

#

Maybe Meji just went nuts, like that mage half-elf. Only she's got the power of gods on her side.