2012-03-23: The Last Chapter Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-03-23: The Last Chapter Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for The Last Chapter Commentary
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Re: 2012-03-23: The Last Chapter Commentary

Post by Nyerguds »

"The goddamn batman" isn't cutting it anymore in these Times of Pony? :lol:
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

It was a good run.
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

Bonus point if some day we get an omake of Bani's GMILF ass molesting an eighteen year old mage boytoy.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

GMILF? I'm thinking Lich.

Also, remember that Sara's a monk. She's just going to get more dangerous as she ages.
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

BloodHenge wrote:GMILF? I'm thinking Lich.
Lich with a taxidermist then.
Also, remember that Sara's a monk. She's just going to get more dangerous as she ages.
Doesn't do much for the spite.

Of course we could compromise and say they are banging said boytoy together...
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
wyrm
New Poster

Post by wyrm »

So that was Bani doing the Rocketeer thing? It would have been easier to tell if Poe hadn't decided to go all "realistic" with the "zooming around through the air where bugs are is going to be very bad if you don't have goggles" thing. Whatever! Rainbow Dash doesn't need goggles!

Man, what a comic. Can't believe it's over, but so happy to see it make it all the way and conclude.
emo samurai
Forum Regular

Post by emo samurai »

Every story ends in death eventually. This was just framed in such a way that it appears tragic and a result of all the drama that she mentioned rather than simply part of a natural process. Which would be even more tragic, or rather, bleak as hell. It would be a fucking revolution if someone were to write something that portrayed a natural death that could not be blamed on anyone; it's always suicide or murder or war or social change or some contrived, improbable illness when it comes to fiction.

Maybe that's why Man invented demons; it was easier to think that death was a result of something that could be fought.

Holy shit I am so heartless.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

It didn't seem tragic to me. Sarine lives a long time, it's a blessing and challenge that at bad times can be a curse. : )
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Itterind wrote:It didn't seem tragic to me. Sarine lives a long time, it's a blessing and challenge that at bad times can be a curse. : )
Agreed. From the moment Sarine took up with Jon, she knew, as did he, as did we all, that he was going to die and she wasn't (unless one of her durn fool attempts to get herself killed actually succeeded). Sad, yes. Tragic, no. There's a big difference.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.