Errant Story Printed Size

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...

What size should the new collected print volumes of Errant Story be?

Keep them the same size as the existing books: 5" x 7.5"
57%
Make them a bit bigger, but still small enough to be easy to hold: 6" x 9"
29%
Make them HUGE (and thus much more expensive): 7" x 10.5"
No votes
I don't care what size you print them, so long as I can get a high quality version for my e-reader!
14%

Total votes: 14

Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Errant Story Printed Size

Post by Imp-Chan »

As I sit here and fix page layouts and so forth, it occurs to me that with the newly lettered pages we have the option to make the collected volumes at pretty much any size we want... or, more to the point, any size that you want.

There are a couple of options for this... so please let us know which one you'd prefer! Remember, producing hardcover versions of these books is prohibitively expensive, so the books will be paperbacks at any size.

^-^'

Edit: What, no bickering? But bickering provides valuable data! Please bicker and educate me about your priorities... the last thing I want to do is go through and redo every page again because I learn too late that everyone wants something I left out.

Edit 2: Oops! I merged this thread with the one for my newspost in an effort to keep future discussion all in one place, and it lost the old poll results in the process. Please vote again if your result was lost!
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-06-06: Update on Print Collection Progress

Post by The Comment Golem »

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Errant Story Printed Size

Post by Sareth »

I voted same size, but solely because I like my book shelves to be nice and even. *laughs*
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Sareth wrote:I voted same size, but solely because I like my book shelves to be nice and even. *laughs*
Yeah, I voted the same way for the same reason.
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

I voted a bit larger, but original size wouldn't be bad either. My bookcase has a jumble of different sizes anyway.
Elessar
Forum Regular

Post by Elessar »

I find that if the page-size is larger, I'd prefer the book itself to be thicker. I really dislike the huge page format but whisper-thin books that Burlew sells as part of Order of the Stick.

The original Errant Story books were well-rounded imho, but if there's going to be an omnibus SPECIAL version...
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead

Post by Imp-Chan »

If there are any more books printed, they'll be printed together as a collection, but they'd still be individual volumes. The books would be about the same thickness as Errant Story Volume Two, possibly a bit thinner or thicker, but not by much. There'd be seven of them all told (I think, it's possible edits may adjust that up or down by one, there's a hiccup in the volume size that I'm still trying to iron out).

It is possible that the order of the pages in the first three volumes may be altered, but nothing will be removed, only ever added (for example, Poe has already finished some extra pages for Chapter One that space the dialogue out into something less reminiscent of a wall). The books will pick up in the same place at the start of Volume Four, so you COULD pair the new books with the old, but... I'm planning to price the collection so there's not that much difference between buying the four remaining volumes and buying the new reprinted set, and if you support the Kickstarter that we'll have to run to print them, you'll be getting the full set anyways.

Hope that clarifies a bit!

^-^'
CorsairX
New Poster

Post by CorsairX »

Voting for the ereader, but my Plan B would be to keep 'em the same size as it seemed to be a good compromise between readability and sturdiness.

Errant Story would be the first comic on my ereader but being black and white it should be perfect.

Have to add that, as a long term bookworm, it came as a hell of a shock when I realized I genuinely preferred reading books on the ereader to books printed on dead trees.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead

Post by Imp-Chan »

It will almost have to be a PDF file format, I'm afraid... the others just aren't suited to comic books at all.

^-^'
CorsairX
New Poster

Post by CorsairX »

I can't comment on other readers, but I've got a Sony PRS-T1 and it handles PDF's just fine :D