2003-04-23: Wasting Ammo

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2003-04-23: Wasting Ammo

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Wasting Ammo
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-12-12: [CT]Wasting Ammo

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT]Wasting Ammo
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-12-12: [CT]Wasting Ammo

Post by BloodHenge »

I figured that either the cost of bullets was the least of his reasons for not shooting the cop, or he considers training a necessary expenditure, or it was just a flimsy justification anyway (he was essentially lying about that part). Each of those justifications says something different about him, but I'm still not sure which is closest to the truth.
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

That's a very 'advanced' pistol compared to the rest of the world's technology. Of course one has 'magic!' as an excuse for it.

"A magician, searching for information on how to build a better firearm, saw it in his crystal ball & made a copy"

Works for me!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's actually a very in-depth history of firearms for Errant Story, courtesy of me researching the history of firearms here in the real world and then asking Poe incessant questions, then putting all that data together for purposes of a supplement for the Errant Roads RPG book that we haven't put together yet... Yeah, sometimes I get distracted. Rest assured, although firearms developed differently in the Errant World, they also followed a logical progression, and it's actually not so advanced that magic is entirely the answer.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Is any of that wiki-able, Impy? Since the role of firearms in the Errant World is something that comes up from time to time, an expansion of the wiki article would be a good thing.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Perhaps, being an assassin, obfuscation is just his modus operandi when dealing with unknown persons. When does he ever truely trust Meji?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

He went to sleep about ten feet from her. That takes a certain amount of trust.
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

I suppose that if he does stuff like this every morning, and it's just shown this one time, then he would indeed have gone through a large amount of ammunition. :geek:
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

BloodHenge wrote:He went to sleep about ten feet from her. That takes a certain amount of trust.
Especially when he's seen she can call down the lightning and fry a half dozen people in a few seconds.

Of course with Jon it might not be trust, it might be fatalism. "If the scary little devil girl is going to zap me, no sense trying to hide. And at least if I'm asleep I won't see it coming."