2012-06-29: [CT] Negotiating

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-06-29: [CT] Negotiating

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Negotiating
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-06-29: [CT] Negotiating

Post by Neko7 »

When reading that comicstrip the first time, my tought was "Hey! Look! Harry Potter got scarred by lightning!"
Yeah I know it was bad, but at the time I really tought the Harry Potter look-alike librarian being strike by lighting was a satiric joke by Poe.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

There is some bizarre logic to Meji's getting away with things. First off there's the half elf reputation for being prone to being unhinged and blowing up things so people don't want to see her get really upset. Second, there's not alot to compare with but it does seem Meji is a fairly powerful magic wielder, probably due to her elven heritage. Then lastly is her grandfather's reputation. This seems to add up to the stereotypical situation of in westerns of the cattle baron's drunken son's propensity of causing trouble which the town has to tolerate.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

How did these two avoid being shipped? :lol:
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I don't know, but it sounds like a problem that needs to be rectified.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

To be fair she never really caused much more than maybe a disturbance. Which you more often than not will get away from with no more than a scolding at this age. Which again we already have witnessed her getting at least once.

Even in this case, he's not really hurt in any bad way and his glasses just fell off, they're not gone. (Plus he'll probably be too scared to mention it safe as some backhanded rumour anyway.)
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
gambit3le
Forum Regular

Post by gambit3le »

Is the librarian in the doodle Jewish?
He shows himself hitting Meji in the head with a book and she has little stars coming out... but they are six pointed stars of David!