2003-04-28: Shopping for Lampshades

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-12-21: [CT]Shopping for Lampshades

Post by BloodHenge »

taltamir wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Given mages and magical priests and a glowy god who manifests and trolls and elves and fireballs, why would a talking flying cat be all that extraordinary? :) Maybe makes more sense as a "don't notice the foreign mage" thing than a "magic must be secret from the mundanes" thing.
Because the church of the country they are located at brands non church affiliated mages as evil. Everyone knows those things exist, they are just liable to burn her at the stake or something unless she wears a nun's habit and prays to a non existing god while casting.
I'd like to see an angry mob try to burn Meji at the stake.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

mindstalk wrote:Did you ever explain what the deal with familiars is?
Not specifically, but given that a dispel causes them to simply disappear, they seem to be constructs of pure magic. Kinda like gods, only not as impressive.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

BloodHenge wrote:
taltamir wrote:
mindstalk wrote:Given mages and magical priests and a glowy god who manifests and trolls and elves and fireballs, why would a talking flying cat be all that extraordinary? :) Maybe makes more sense as a "don't notice the foreign mage" thing than a "magic must be secret from the mundanes" thing.
Because the church of the country they are located at brands non church affiliated mages as evil. Everyone knows those things exist, they are just liable to burn her at the stake or something unless she wears a nun's habit and prays to a non existing god while casting.
I'd like to see an angry mob try to burn Meji at the stake.
its not the angry mob, its the team of soldiers and state "nuns" (wizards)
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

taltamir wrote:
BloodHenge wrote: I'd like to see an angry mob try to burn Meji at the stake.
I'd like to see a team of soldiers try to burn Meji at the stake, given how well she handled the goons chasing Jon.

And I'd like to see Meji and a nun, er... "fight".
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Forrest wrote:
taltamir wrote:
BloodHenge wrote: I'd like to see an angry mob try to burn Meji at the stake.
I'd like to see a team of soldiers try to burn Meji at the stake, given how well she handled the goons chasing Jon.

And I'd like to see Meji and a nun, er... "fight".
its not gonna be a sexy nun :)
Remember the fat nun who was shielding the high priest?
hkmaly
Forum Regular

Post by hkmaly »

taltamir wrote:
You are missing the point. The required part is not nun's habit, thats secondary. The required part is to follow orders of the church hiearchy.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

hkmaly wrote:
taltamir wrote:
You are missing the point. The required part is not nun's habit, thats secondary. The required part is to follow orders of the church hiearchy.
Not missing anything, I am fully aware of that point.
But if she looks like a nun and talks like a nun they will think she is one, I seriously doubt they will ask for some Nun-ID to prove her identity