2008-01-23 "So fine...I'll be you damn weapon."

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

2008-01-23 "So fine...I'll be you damn weapon."

Post by BandMan2K »

Well, this is a nice birthday present from Poe. Looks like most of us were right with the thought of which path Ian was gonna venture. Of course, this makes me wonder if he'll change alliegiance when he confronts Sarine, the Ampraphels, & Meji during the massive war to come.

For some reason though, I read this strip & thought of Spiderman and the ol chestnut, 'With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." Somehow I don't think Ian got that memo.
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Re: 2008-01-23 "So fine...I'll be you damn weapon."

Post by KurtDunn »

"Sooo... about lunch then."
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

What I'd like to know is what Anita thought the guards would accomplish anyway. Ian's seen the time magic trick once, so even if he can't duplicate it, he probably has a countermeasure (reactive shield, maybe?). I mean, they can't protect anyone from him, and he doesn't need them to protect him from anyone... Maybe they were just there to make Anita feel better?

I think it's kind of sad that Ian went on this journey in the first place to become the greatest healer of all time, which he did, and now he's allowed himself to be reduced to a WMD.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

So, now I know who the BBEG is. It's Anita and Ian has just agreed to be her dupe.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

BloodHenge wrote:What I'd like to know is what Anita thought the guards would accomplish anyway. Ian's seen the time magic trick once, so even if he can't duplicate it, he probably has a countermeasure (reactive shield, maybe?). I mean, they can't protect anyone from him, and he doesn't need them to protect him from anyone... Maybe they were just there to make Anita feel better?

I think it's kind of sad that Ian went on this journey in the first place to become the greatest healer of all time, which he did, and now he's allowed himself to be reduced to a WMD.
If you, super-powerful godsmack-weilding pantsless emo half-elf, had been allowed to wander freely within the halls of a secret organization before agreeing to their terms, you'd be awfully suspicious... that your captors are a bunch of idiots.

Guards are protocol in this situation, if only to protect 'innocents' from going "Hey, you, you're not supposed to... ahhh.... AHHH... WHY AM I ON FIRE!?!?!" as they see and attempt to apprehend Ian.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

:twisted: Ha! As I suspected all along, Anita is true hero of the story, fighting to save the world from Elvish arrogance and imperialism!
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I have to admit, Anita may be right and the elves should just go back into hiding, leaving the world to its new masters. However, if anything has been constant thus far, it's the elves stagnation of their culture. I don't think anything has changed in over a thousand years - no advances, nothing.

Ian has to go through this dark period of the soul until he finds Meji (assuming she can stay alive that long).
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm foreseeing that Ian and Anita won't meet eye to eye on the exact level of punishment the elves should receive. As out of control as Ian can get, I can't see him cold-heartedly wiping out the entire elven race. Maybe a big demonstration like at Emerylon, but not total GENOCIDE!. If that's Anita's plan, then she had better watch out. If Ian doesn't snap out of it and realize what he's doing, then Anilis just might.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

In what way have the elves tried to re-assert their 'mastery' in the past 200 years? They seem to have stayed pretty isolationist, apart from hunting half-elves, suppressing books about their secret, and saying 'hi' to Tsuiraku rather intermittently.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Well that's the point isn't it. You spot the BBEG by their propoganda. The BBEG always follows Hitler's Big Lie strategy (Sort of like Bush).