2008-01-30 Oh, now she's gonna get it!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2008-01-30 "Dammit, can we just-- ERRGH!"

Post by BloodHenge »

Okay, best I can figure, Anita is just trying to piss him off. I have no clue to what end.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

2008-01-30 Oh, now she's gonna get it!

Post by Pillaroforder »

'Enough!' KAAABLOOEY!!! Anita like smudge on the wall.

Or he'll do something less drastic. NAAAW.
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Re: 2008-01-30 "Dammit, can we just-- ERRGH!"

Post by BandMan2K »

BloodHenge wrote:Okay, best I can figure, Anita is just trying to piss him off. I have no clue to what end.
Maybe it's to confirm if he still has Za Powah or if he really is back to being a lousy half-elf. If he does, perhaps he's also trying to see if he can fully control it & what the trigger(s) might be to get it "unREESHed"

Now that I think about it...a thought just impacted me betwixt the ocular organs - I've been watching fansubs of "Bleach" and I flashbacked to a description of the Seki-seki rock that absorbs spiritual energy & renders a user powerless...I'm wondering if the walls of the sparring room may have some equivalent either constructed from or some form of technology built in to negate spiritual energy. It would help to keep combatants honest when sparring & force them to use their innate physical abilities when the time-trippin' is not available.

Of course I'm sure my hypothesis & inquiry is as porous as a sieve but it would make some sense...
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

BandMan2K wrote:Now that I think about it...a thought just impacted me betwixt the ocular organs - I've been watching fansubs of "Bleach" and I flashbacked to a description of the Seki-seki rock that absorbs spiritual energy & renders a user powerless...I'm wondering if the walls of the sparring room may have some equivalent either constructed from or some form of technology built in to negate spiritual energy. It would help to keep combatants honest when sparring & force them to use their innate physical abilities when the time-trippin' is not available.
I'm pretty sure we've seen Anita fighting in there against opponents using time-monkery.

Also: I sense a great disturbance in the force, as if some wrinkly old she-monk kihap'd upon attack, and suddenly was silenced...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Forrest wrote:she-monk kihap'd upon attack, and suddenly was silenced...
:?: kihap'd :?:

Which language is this? The closest I can figure is yiddish.

Naw, Anita is trying to be an Alpha bitch. Only this time, testing to see if she has an alpha male on her hands. Under these conditions, a beta male would eventually submit. I don't think that Ian's an alpha male but we'll see soon enough. However, the ultimate alpha bitch, Anilis, could yet decide to spoil this party. That's when Anita will suddenly find herself being tested and dominated.
Unknown wrote:Combat is the ultimate dominance game.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Slamlander wrote:Naw, Anita is trying to be an Alpha bitch. Only this time, testing to see if she has an alpha male on her hands. Under these conditions, a beta male would eventually submit. I don't think that Ian's an alpha male but we'll see soon enough. However, the ultimate alpha bitch, Anilis, could yet decide to spoil this party. That's when Anita will suddenly find herself being tested and dominated incinerated.
Fixed.

It looks like stress may be one of the things that triggers Anilis to take over. If so, Anita must be incredibly, unbelievably careful to push Ian right up to the breaking point but not past it. If she goes over the line, the consequences could be fatal on a time scale that impresses even an Ensigerum monk. Furthermore, she doesn't know exactly where that line is. She's playing a seriously dangerous game here, and you gotta wonder if she even knows it.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Re: 2008-01-30 Oh, now she's gonna get it!

Post by Tiamat »

She's never struck me as needlessly careless, so I doubt she's gone into this with no forethought at all.

Also: I don't believe we've seen her fight in here ever, so we have no idea what the room can do. We've only seen Anita fight in the general sparring building against the people recently raised from novice.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Tiamat wrote:She's never struck me as needlessly careless, so I doubt she's gone into this with no forethought at all.
Oh, the question isn't whether "she's gone into this" with any forethought; it's whether she's gone into it with enough forethought. Ever heard of Louis Slotin? I used to work about 50 yards from where he had his fatal experience with tickling the dragon's tail, and although that was many, many years before my time, I knew some of the old timers who'd been there with him (one was one of the people shown in that Wikipedia sketch of the accident). Pretty well all of them agreed that contrary to popular accounts, Slotin was a reasonably careful guy who went into the fatal experiment with forethought. It just wasn't sufficient forethought. And that's exactly what Anita is doing here. Furthermore, she's deeper in terra incognita than Slotin was.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Ah, so I see that Ian isn't "emo He-Man" after all. More like "emo punching bag". Heh.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Slamlander wrote:
Forrest wrote:she-monk kihap'd upon attack, and suddenly was silenced...
:?: kihap'd :?:

Which language is this? The closest I can figure is yiddish.
Korean. "Kihap" (or perhaps "ki-hap" or "ki hap", I'm not sure about spelling) means roughly "yell", at least in the context of the kind of yell you do while practicing martial arts (you know, that whole stereotypical "hee-ya" kind of thing, though only n00bs actually say "hee-ya"). I don't actually speak Korean, I just know a few select words and phrases from doing TaeKwonDo for 11 years. The apostrophe-d was just there because "kihapped" looked like an even worse past-tense-ization. Man, I'm just making up words all over the place today...