2013-03-26: [CT]Sunday School Rejects

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
hkmaly
Forum Regular

Re: 2013-03-26: [CT]Sunday School Rejects

Post by hkmaly »

Bytemite wrote:Also I get the feeling that the Church of Luminosita is kind of into patriarchy, so I don't see them really putting forward a divine FEMALE Jesus figure. Though I do like the propaganda spin that was suggested for Anita.
So what? After few centuries, they CAN change the gender of character in their propaganda ... and later, when it's discoverd, blame bad translation :)
Bytemite wrote: I'm going to go with Chris, because it's ironic, because he clearly never really learned any "non-luminosita" magic, and because he managed to punch one of the terrible two.
Who? ... oh ... I didn't even knew all of those are one character ...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Hmmmm. We are WAY overdue for a poll ... and this looks like a good subject for one. New topic going up shortly. (And now up.)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

hkmaly wrote:So what? After few centuries, they CAN change the gender of character in their propaganda ... and later, when it's discoverd, blame bad translation :)
True, kinda like the one and only lady pope. Up to and including off-colour jokes and rumours about cross-dressing and giving birth during a giant parade while on horseback. Since the Church of Luminosita is pretty much the Errant Story version of the Catholic Church.

On the other hand Female Jesus feels kind of almost, I dunno, too Dragon Age Origins or something. So yeah, there'd have to be some kind of twist obscuring the gender I think. Unless it's a deliberate reference.