2013-06-04: [CT] Stupid, Stupid Roads!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-06-04: [CT] Stupid, Stupid Roads!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Stupid, Stupid Roads!
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-06-04: [CT] Stupid, Stupid Roads!

Post by eee »

(examines Polly's butt very very closely)

I don't see a major problem... :D

If her heel had gotten caught in an unexpected gap between one cobblestone and another, that would have tripped her. And given her reason for her diatribe.

I have to say I rather like her 'working clothes'. One should dress for success and to project the right image; and she does.

Of course she doesn't know it - neither did we, at this point - but once he gets done yelling at her, Polly will be safer with Jon than she would be with almost anyone else. Because he has such trouble hurting the bi-ovaried. :lol:
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

To be honest, I prefer the original of this, and a key reason is Polly's swearing. To return to a subject that has come up before, I get why Meji's swearing has been changed. However, it needn't apply to other characters that don't come from the aggressively atheistic culture, like Polly (or, for that matter, Jon -- I see that his cussing too has been changed). The repeated "Oh @#$%! Oh @#$%! Oh @#$%!" was kinda cute, in a weird sort of way. The inarticulate swear words were part of her charm -- although she retains plenty anyway.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
erejnion
Forum Trainee

Post by erejnion »

Really? I had already replaced the "@#$%^&!" in my mind with "fucking", so at first I didn't even notice there was a change. I suppose the "Oh shit!"s will be on the next page?
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Maybe Jon shouldn't be so rough with that whore nice lady. I'm sure she probably has a drinking habit kids to feed with that money. Polly is dangerously cute though, definitely a favorite of mine as far as ES minor characters go.
eee wrote:I have to say I rather like her 'working clothes'.
Those elbow gloves. <3
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

On the other hand I like the title for the strip - "Stupid, Stupid Roads" looks like a little shout-out to Bone - per the use in the Urban Dictionary.