2013-06-10: [CT] Send in the Troops

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-06-10: [CT] Send in the Troops

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Send in the Troops
Disciple of Sakura
Forum Trainee

Re: 2013-06-10: [CT] Send in the Troops

Post by Disciple of Sakura »

Wouldn't the rank and file elf find that helmet remarkably uncomfortable for their ears? The commander looks to have his ears sticking out, but the other guys must have to smoosh their ears against their heads to wear those helmets.

I think the "off" thing about the second panel is that there's a bunch of negative space, making the panel seem sort of empty/overlarge. Just as a guess, that's what's striking me about it.

Not that I'm nearly so harsh for your creations as you are, of course.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Actually, I think the 'ears tucked in' helmet would make more sense than letting them stick out, as you wouldn't want somebody slicing one of them off in a fight. And having worn football helmets, I can say padding and sufficient room on the top and sides alleviates a lot of the discomfort. Even when you have jug ears. :D

Ears CAN sweat much more than you would believe, though.

As to the bulkiness of the armor, I assumed this was a mix of attempting to be intimidating by being big, and maximum protection they came up with centuries ago and never bothered to update. Except for inter-tribe warfare among themselves, the main foes the Elves would have been fighting for most of their existence was the Trolls. And there, you didn't want to fool around...

Did we ever get a definition of what the title "Peregin" means?
Ori Klein
Forum Regular

Post by Ori Klein »

FOR HATRED! HUUZZAAA!

I don't know...kind of sounds like elves. ;)
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

The over the top armor the elven army uses actually makes sense, considering they're proud and kind of incompetent and long ago got used to having Ensigerum fight for them. So being stuck in the city for like a thousand years would only make things worse as their fighting style kind of degenerates over time until their primary tactic is to blunder into every situation thinking their armor and magic will protect them while they lob spells at everything until it stops.