2013-06-11: [CT] Explain

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-06-11: [CT] Explain

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Explain
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-06-11: [CT] Explain

Post by lyze »

"I never actually sat down and came up with a set design for the accents and ornate crap on it, so they change every single damn panel I’ve ever drawn this suit in."

Well maybe that's part of the armor? So you say they're too bulky but the elves seem to have ubiquitous magic tech in everything else, so maybe the metal is magically malleable to be less restricting while offering maximum protection and maybe the commander's armor actually shifts and morphs for some sort of cosmetic effect. Make them look more enigmatic.

Yeah, maybe it's explaining away mistakes retroactively but people do it for George Lucas all the time. (See: Isn't parsec a measure of distance?)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

lyze wrote:Yeah, maybe it's explaining away mistakes retroactively but people do it for George Lucas all the time. (See: Isn't parsec a measure of distance?)
The way I heard it, Han was originally supposed to have been talking out of his ass. (You can see Obi Wan rolling his eyes when he hears that one.)
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Yeah, supposedly the shooting scripts have a stage direction like "<Obi Wan reacts to Han's obvious lie>."