2013-06-21: [CT] Blam! X 3

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-06-21: [CT] Blam! X 3

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Blam! X 3
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2013-06-21: [CT] Blam! X 3

Post by Neko7 »

and Naga sneak within the alt text XD :lol:
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Jon's shot placement seems odd. Right shoulder, and both kidneys. That will probably do the job, but head or heart shots might have been better. And not risked a bullet would go through and hit Ian. But Jon might have arrived at a run - probably did - and panting and his heart pounding, wasn't quite the super-accurate shooter we know he can be. He hit the guy, anyway; that's what matters.

Wait until he finds out WHAT he just shot. I imagine offing an Elf isn't something even an assassin does everyday. :D
Madayar
Forum Regular
Twitter @: Madayar

Post by Madayar »

Show me the medieval armor that'll stop a bullet from - by the looks of it - a Colt revolver. It'll go right through plate and chainmail.

Also, who doesn't like it when somebody brings a gun to a mage fight.
"Writers live in the worlds of books they've not yet written."
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

For some reason I'm imagining a woman with a Chinese accent worriedly shouting "No, not shoot amor! Amor fo display only!"

I have no idea where this memory(?) is coming from. Any clues? (I don't think it was shooting armor that the original was worried about, but I'm not sure what exactly my brain is adapting into a parody for this circumstance, the point being that the armor is useless and just meant to look intimidating).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Sneaking up on the elves just after they fought a hard battle sounds like the right time for Jon to launch a surprise attack. Even though that one elf -sort of- heard him, they were too sluggish to react in time. As an experienced assassin, Jon probably has good instincts for knowing when to shoot and when to wait.

If i were with the elves, though, i totally would have magically hardened my armor to deflect bullets. :razz:
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

Yeah, it's hard to imagine making armour that would NOT stop bullets! With magic being available and all...
After all: A bullet is just the same as an arrow, except much, MUCH faster! And easier to shoot.

I still suspect that Jon has a "magic gun" and I don't mean in his pants... :lol: ...perhaps just the bullets are magical?

"Some forty-five caliber armour piercing anti-magic rounds please."
"Self guiding?"
"No, those cost WAY too much, and I'm a pretty good shot..."
erejnion
Forum Trainee

Post by erejnion »

eee wrote:Jon's shot placement seems odd. Right shoulder, and both kidneys. That will probably do the job, but head or heart shots might have been better. And not risked a bullet would go through and hit Ian. But Jon might have arrived at a run - probably did - and panting and his heart pounding, wasn't quite the super-accurate shooter we know he can be. He hit the guy, anyway; that's what matters.
Oh, come on, we all know that if he had shot for the heart, a convenient locket of some sort would have stopped the bullet.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's an entire industry of magical enhancements for firearms. They are expensive, however, and anyone can claim something is magical. Because I love you all, here is an excerpt from the guide to firearms in the Errant World that I've been working on...
Hizukuri Certification Board

More formally, the Tsuiraku Department of Magically Augmented Firearm Authentication and Registration. In common use, a weapon is “Hizukuri Certified.”

Founded by Oba Hizukuri in 1589, this Tsuirakuan organization oversees the production of magically augmented firearms. Originally a scholarly group formed to study the techniques gaining popularity in Farrel, by 1617 its mission had expanded to include the certification of genuinely augmented weapons and the registering of new augmentation designs. The group had no power to restrict unauthenticated sales, but their certification did act as a mark of quality for the buyer. Unfortunately, this process offered no intellectual property protections, so by the time of Errant Story quite a few new designs had conveniently made their way into the hands of Tsuirakuan manufacturers, who adapted them into after-market add-ons.
^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

5Cats wrote:Yeah, it's hard to imagine making armour that would NOT stop bullets! With magic being available and all...
After all: A bullet is just the same as an arrow, except much, MUCH faster! And easier to shoot.

I still suspect that Jon has a "magic gun" and I don't mean in his pants... :lol: ...perhaps just the bullets are magical?

"Some forty-five caliber armour piercing anti-magic rounds please."
"Self guiding?"
"No, those cost WAY too much, and I'm a pretty good shot..."
They're ELVES, though. They probably see no reason they should have to change their armor, much better to devote their efforts to making the humans give up guns... :roll: