2013-07-03: [CT] Stare...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-07-03: [CT] Stare...

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Stare...
5Cats
Forum Regular

Re: 2013-07-03: [CT] Stare...

Post by 5Cats »

O_o Ooo! Meaningful eye movement!

Hope all is well on the 'reality front'!
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

And across the crowded (with bodies and rubble) street their eyes meet for the first time, the music swells, flames leap, and Jon and Sarine each have the same thought: "So, do I kill this person, or what?"

For Jon it's fairly straightforward. She's female and not trying to kill him, steal his wallet, or blow up things. This is the best relationship with a member of the opposite sex he's had for a while: Why ruin a good thing? Also, if SHE can pop out of the woodwork, no telling how many other elves there are around, it's time to run. Besides, unless he's got a seven shooter, he's out of bullets...

For Sarine it's a bit more complex. "Well, THIS is an even bigger screw up than I would have thought possible. Mainly due to HIM. Eh, he's a pretty good fighter. But that scruffy look is SO several centuries ago. Anyway, if he's not going to try to kill me, I won't try to kill him. I've got THIS idiot to heal first. But a human fighter coming to the aid of two half-elves, a book so secret no one will tell me what's in it, the Council sending such a powerful force to try to destroy it and those who stole it: Oh yes, I'm going to want to find out more about what's behind all this. If he... 'accidentally'... should get away, I'll be able to track him down later and talk to him. Find out what he knows. Who these errants are, and what the book is. Who HE is. Discover what he's capable of...

Ha. Sounds like I intend to seduce him. He should be so lucky."
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Like that assessment.

Would also consider the following.

Jon's thoughts: "Nope. Time to go."

Sarine: "...*annoyed internalized world weary sigh at clusterfuck*"