2008-02-15 - Filler?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2008-02-15 - Filler?

Post by Slamlander »

My sig on Memory Alpha used to say "Cannons go BOOM!" So I should know better. :lol:

fixed now. I can only claim finger-stutttttter.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Hmmm... I dunno. I can't really see Sarine being a biter.

Meji, on the other hand... no question.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sam Pagan
New Poster

Post by Sam Pagan »

I finally registered in the new forum (formerly known as Corpse Child) just to say how a fantastic job Poe did in shading Sarine's ass. And even if the filler is non-canon now, perhaps with a little hope and blood, it will change in the future. They just make such a great, dysfunctional couple.

Impy's right though, Sarine is most likely the scratch-type, or dig-her-nails-into-your-skin-type.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Meji's a rug-biter, right? *ba-dump*

Sarine: "Elves are so cool, we can dance in sneakers. Not that I can dance. And it is a little-remembered fact that we can't resist the bridge of a finely shaped nose."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sam Pagan wrote:I finally registered in the new forum (formerly known as Corpse Child) just to say how a fantastic job Poe did in shading Sarine's ass. And even if the filler is non-canon now, perhaps with a little hope and blood, it will change in the future. They just make such a great, dysfunctional couple.
Welcome back.

This pose does a marvelous job of communicating that one of the key parts of Sarine's beauty is her gracefulness. Most of the time when we see her, either the natural beauty of her movement is concealed by her cape, or she's hopping from one martial-arts pose to another with no sense of fluidity. This one, however, shows the natural grace that she's gotta have, to bring all those other moves off. Jon is right: Sarine is hot, in a way that mere vulgar flashiness can never achieve on its own.

The one criticism I have of this otherwise marvelous image, which is also flattering to Jon (not to mention that it makes us males envy the guy...), is Sarine's right hand. For some reason it looks like there's a micro-tentacle monster inside that glove, rather than a hand as graceful and perfectly proportioned as the rest of her.
Sam Pagan wrote:Impy's right though, Sarine is most likely the scratch-type, or dig-her-nails-into-your-skin-type.
Personally, I think of Sarine as a sexual Stradivarius: played the right way, you can do anything with it, and it'll be beautiful.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

mindstalk wrote:Meji's a rug-biter, right? *ba-dump*
Sarine: "Elves are so cool, we can dance in sneakers. Not that I can dance. And it is a little-remembered fact that we can't resist the bridge of a finely shaped nose."
She has a gift for looking good in Elvish combat boots. A rare thing.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Boss Out of Town wrote:She has a gift for looking good in Elvish combat boots. A rare thing.
You know, it probably is a rare thing. Most of the other female elves we've seen, with the exception of Misa, have looked skinny to the point of emaciation -- or desiccation.

This raises a question. Poe has said that Sarine is "stacked" by elven standards, as well as being short, at a mere 6' even. I wonder if in her long-ago, incredibly extended childhood, Sarine had to put up with abuse for being the "short, fat kid" among the elves?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Graybeard wrote: This raises a question. Poe has said that Sarine is "stacked" by elven standards, as well as being short, at a mere 6' even. I wonder if in her long-ago, incredibly extended childhood, Sarine had to put up with abuse for being the "short, fat kid" among the elves?
A little bit, yes... then she lucked out and elven culture hit it's 'looking like a human is in!' phase and by the time that was over she was pretty much ready to tell elven society in general to go fuck itself.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

on a side note, I've been pleasantly surprised that OriginalPseudonym's one-post-wonder comment has replaced the Honeyed Punishment Virgins comment on the top of the board. grats, dude!
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Talancir wrote:on a side note, I've been pleasantly surprised that OriginalPseudonym's one-post-wonder comment has replaced the Honeyed Punishment Virgins comment on the top of the board. grats, dude!
Well "nom nom nom" is just fine and dandy, but dang nabbit I wants my Honeyed Elven Punishment Virgins. If we were stipulated to recieve 72 honeyed elven punishment virgins when we met our Maker...[operatic]What A Wonderful Day That Will Be...[/operatic]