2008-02-18 - "We already bought cookies at the office"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

2008-02-18 - "We already bought cookies at the office"

Post by Graybeard »

Well, about time that Misa showed up. And wearing the same sweet and innocent look as on the wallpaper, too.

Unfortunately, this means we now have all too good a candidate for the Red-Shirted Ensign role...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Veritas
Forum Trainee

Ridiculous fake daylight windows

Post by Veritas »

Talk about a dignified awakening, looks like she got totally smashed and fell asleep on the floor.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Re: 2008-02-18 - "We already bought cookies at the office"

Post by RubberBandMan »

...Its a little distrubing how much she looks like Meji in that last panel. Only Meji looked that way when there was a chance she could see a brutal murder, and Misa seems to want to look at the "Mystical" humans she's only heard about in the stories...

Kinda a reverse on the whole Elf/Human relations we've seen thus far.

And Sarine REALLY seems to be stuck as a human-like elf, if her first mutterings when waking up are in whatever the humans speak, while all the magical commands are in elfish.
DaManRando
Forum Trainee

Post by DaManRando »

So some elves are Morning elves.... some aren't...

Poor Misa, her first human is prolly gonna be Jon.... in his skivvies most likely, hairy chest all showin off to the world...

*sighs and shakes head* poor poor Misa
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Or Sara. While Jon may have bad social skills, at least he talks to them.

(Unlike Sara, whos one and only line to an Elf that wasn't Sarine was "Shut up... Or I be break other arm?")
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

DaManRando wrote:So some elves are Morning elves.... some aren't...

Poor Misa, her first human is prolly gonna be Jon.... in his skivvies most likely, hairy chest all showin off to the world...

*sighs and shakes head* poor poor Misa
what's that supposed to mean? "Jon, take your sheepskin off?"

yay for Misa! hopefully the next member in the party?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

DaManRando wrote:So some elves are Morning elves.... some aren't...
I think it's more like "some elves are diurnal elves, some aren't". Sarine is accustomed to regular cycles of night and day and usually sleeping in the former and not in the latter. But we don't have none of that fancy pants regular patterns of daylight down here... we sleep when we feel like it and wake you up on that schedule too, and that's the way we like it! To Sarine, it's the middle of the night; to Misa, it's just whatever hour her clock says it is, which has no relation to day or night at all. Kinda of like the schedule my housemates keep [grumble grumble grumble]...
Well hey, if Misa takes after Sarine as much as she seems to, she may very well *love* the sight of a half-naked hairy monkey man. Also remember that Misa is (IIRC) pretty much an adolescent by Elf standards... in the prime of her life, lookin' for love... aw yeah. Giggity gitty goo. It'd be great if Sarine gave Misa a jealous glare from behind while Misa tried to flirt up Jon... especially if Sara was doing her disdainful-glare-at-my-big-brother thing too.

EDIT: My dear Vikings and Impies, and my dear Bloodhenges and Slamlanders, and Greybeards, and Bosses, and Intruders, and Nekos, and Tiamats, Pillars, Zanntoses, Carrots, and Talancirs!...Tonight is my one hundred and eleventh post! I have eleventy-one posts tonight! (Apologies to Bilbo and JRR Tolkien. Names taken from top posters in the members list; no offense if you didn't make the cut).
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Am I the only one that thinks Sarine binged, passed out on the table, and now has the mother-of-all-hangovers?

Waking up on the table is not normal unless you were drinking or overworking and I don't see a computer terminal there. ;)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Wow. Misa looks disgustingly adorable. Even more so than in the past. She also looks a bit smaller than Sarine, who we already know is small for an elf.

On a largely unrelated note, the decorative panelling on the front of that building briefly made me think that Sarine had opened the door into a nondimensional space or something.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

I think Misa may be standing on steps outside the building, making her look shorter or smaller.

Now, it seems my thoughts may go a bit farther than other peoples' here, as my first thought was of Misa tackleraping Jon. It's like tackleglomping, but requires more therapy sessions. Something in the gleam of her eye.

And many congratulations to Forrest! Do we get to hold a party for you under the big tree?