2013-10-04: [CT] Civilization Beta

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-04: [CT] Civilization Beta

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Civilization Beta
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-10-04: [CT] Civilization Beta

Post by Labrat »

Without anything to suggest image depth it looks like Meji is in an old person dry humping conga-line. Everyone smushed up close enough that her colon is going to start charging admission.

Direction of lighting also seems to be a touch wonky but thats excusable due to Tsuiraku's fondness for sticking luminescent bling in unholy places.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

This is actually the original art, just resized because it was only one panel.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

One down side of having resized this panel to fit in all the text is that it may confuse the casual reader as to who's in line with Meji. The woman behind her looks rather like a much older Sarine, and the man(?) on the left side of the panel looks like Jon wearing earrings. Of course, this won't be a problem in the hard copy, since anyone who buys the dead-tree version is going to know enough about the situation not to be confused.

Otherwise, this shows to very good advantage the benefits of redoing the text bubbles. The art is clearer, the text is much easier to read, and the whole thing has reduced clutter. All of these are good things.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Also reading the pages together for context helps... It takes only a few seconds to read a page, so they'll be one continuous stream of information for both book and archive readers. The old lady is behind Meji on the preceding and following pages. And being from Farrel, she'll most likely be shaded much darker than Sarine (which will, coincidentally, pop Meji into more prominence on the page).

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

"Chibi-Civilization"?

I'd like that! Where can we go to find it? :lol:
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

Graybeard wrote:One down side of having resized this panel to fit in all the text is that it may confuse the casual reader as to who's in line with Meji. The woman behind her looks rather like a much older Sarine, and the man(?) on the left side of the panel looks like Jon wearing earrings.
I am that confused casual reader. That's my main reason for coming to the forum: It explains the art that I sometimes have trouble interpreting. Mostly useful during glowy magic battles, but apparently also when Meji is standing in line. ;)
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Yeah, my first thought was "why is Meji saying these things right next to Jon and Sarine?" That might not actually be out of character but I didn't remember it, and it's not supposed to be the case here...