2013-10-07: [CT] Primitive Fuckwits

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-07: [CT] Primitive Fuckwits

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Primitive Fuckwits
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-10-07: [CT] Primitive Fuckwits

Post by lyze »

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, I hope the both of you have a happy one and many, many more like them :D
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Happy anniversary, folks! May you have fifty more! We just got done with number thirty-one...
Poe wrote:As for the page, at this point in the story Farrel has five warp gates set up around the nation. Although the real reason the place they’re going doesn’t have one isn’t because it’s so small…
Well, that was obvious. ;)

This does pose the question, though, as to where the other gates are. Obviously, Port Lorrel has one, and Isabel, being the biggest and most important city in Farrel, must. Unless Meji, Jon and Sarine traveled by land from Taberna (which struck me as rather small) to the gate in Isabel, a third one is in Taberna. But that's all we know about. One of Errant Road's main story lines has been in a city called "Rinkaiel" somewhere up on the northern coast of Farrel, and at the time of Errant Road, a gate is under construction there and the Tsuirakuans are recruiting locals to run it. Since Errant Road is taking place about two years before Errant Story (a couple of the characters recall seeing Meji in Tsuirakushiti at about the time of Bani's flashback), it would stand to reason that the gate in Rinkaiel is now open. That's also a logical place to put it from Tsuiraku's point of view; the north coast of Farrel is a good place for Tsuirakuans to hang out and observe what commerce, legitimate and otherwise, is going on between Farrel and the Northern Confederacy. It is not, however, rigorously "canon," and it may or may not be the site of one of the two missing gates.

So where are they? Has there been something in the story that I've missed? Wikification awaits, and this information would be showing up just in time for another new thread complex getting going in Errant Road. (New players in same are always welcome, btw.)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's a lot of story that hasn't been told yet. Poe and I are slowly working on re-estimating the map and will probably put a revised map in the first volume of the new editions of the books. We'll make that available on the website, too, when we're finally done with it.

We are apparently going to spend our anniversary hunting for tax forms we've misplaced. I could kill for a damn assistant. I am great at filing systems and TERRIBLE at actual filing, especially since all the medical crap started. I used to photocopy every receipt and have nice, organized tax binders... once upon a time. Now it's all I can do to handle data entry between the bank and our book keeping program once a year. I used to be able to keep up with shipping everything, now I forget my head and get stuck two packages in. I seriously need someone with the patience of a saint and the efficiency of a locomotive to go through and get our files and shipping in order, and then someone to come in maybe two hours a week to keep it that way. I tried to hire a temp for it, but because we work out of our home and it's so few hours, none of the temp agencies would touch it. I could theoretically hire an extremely part-time employee, but it opens up a records-keeping headache I simply can't spare the brainpower for. And unfortunately, it's not the kind of work for an independent contractor.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.