2013-10-18: [CT] Join Party?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-18: [CT] Join Party?

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Join Party?
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-10-18: [CT] Join Party?

Post by Labrat »

Oh hey yeah, remember that whole school project thing that was the point of Meji’s plot? Yeah, this was around the time I started trying to move the story away from that and the books (and the old pre-Ian and racist elves version of Errant Story) and onto the real plot of the story.
It was indeed a rather jarring changing of gears when I started to read Errant Story again, having become so used to the tone and writing style. It started as a humorous lambaste of everything you see in fantasy genre and then... kept going. Eventually it became a look at the unstated implications of those features, everything taken to the horrible logical conclusion and, if we laughed, it was at the black humor and banal absurdity of the world.

As for the art, one quirk I noticed is that Bani is staring into the space over Meji's head there. Meji is short enough she would have to be hovering there for them to have eye contact. Worthless nitpicking years late, I know, but it just caught my eye.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
anarcher
Space Tentaclemonster

Re: 2013-10-18: [CT] Join Party?

Post by anarcher »

Labrat wrote:
Oh hey yeah, remember that whole school project thing that was the point of Meji’s plot? Yeah, this was around the time I started trying to move the story away from that and the books (and the old pre-Ian and racist elves version of Errant Story) and onto the real plot of the story.
It was indeed a rather jarring changing of gears when I started to read Errant Story again, having become so used to the tone and writing style. It started as a humorous lambaste of everything you see in fantasy genre and then... kept going. Eventually it became a look at the unstated implications of those features, everything taken to the horrible logical conclusion and, if we laughed, it was at the black humor and banal absurdity of the world.

As for the art, one quirk I noticed is that Bani is staring into the space over Meji's head there. Meji is short enough she would have to be hovering there for them to have eye contact. Worthless nitpicking years late, I know, but it just caught my eye.
Bani is supposed to be on duty, maybe she's at least trying to look like she's paying attention?