2013-11-12: [CT] Baby Tentacle Monster

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-11-12: [CT] Baby Tentacle Monster

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Baby Tentacle Monster
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-11-12: [CT] Baby Tentacle Monster

Post by eee »

Oh, Rape-kun is SO affectionate! Thank goodness he hasn't hit puberty yet.

What's going 'Snap' and 'Pop' around Meji, and why is there no 'Crackle' thrown in? Is she trying to raise a defensive shield to protect her from the tentacle monster?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Those are supposed to be sound effects, but I hadn't put them in as such yet when Poe published the page. I'll be getting those done tonight and re-uploading.

^-^'

Edit: Apparently the four solid hours of stop and go traffic had different plans for my evening. Working on it today, instead.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

eee wrote:What's going 'Snap' and 'Pop' around Meji
My guess was Meji losing 1d4 sanity points and snapping in horror when she saw the cute little baby octopus.
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

In my mind I pronounce it "rap-e kun" because... I thought it was a Japanese word? lolz!

It's far too late now, but naming him "Rappee" would have worked too? It's just a little "off" that the sexualisation of a familiar should be so overt. Elis makes jokes about how unicorn familiars (popular with the young girls!) are walking phallic symbols, but naming one "Penis" would be in bad form, yes? :shock:
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

I love rapekun. The joke was funny and aside from that he is an utterly adorable familiar.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

I am rereading the archives, and page 63 is bugged, it is a duplicate of an earlier page instead of whatever is supposed to appear between 62 and 64
Also, page 88 is cut off at the bottom
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

taltamir wrote:I am rereading the archives, and page 63 is bugged, it is a duplicate of an earlier page instead of whatever is supposed to appear between 62 and 64
You mean page 63 in the Commentary Track, rather than the original, right? Where Meji is running off at the mouth and Jon gives thanks that they're almost to where they're going? If you get at it by going to page 62, and then clicking the "Next" button, page 63 displays correctly. The bug appears to be on the index page.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Graybeard wrote:
taltamir wrote:I am rereading the archives, and page 63 is bugged, it is a duplicate of an earlier page instead of whatever is supposed to appear between 62 and 64
You mean page 63 in the Commentary Track, rather than the original, right?.
No i mean all the way back in the original, not the commentary track. I should have just posted links.
Go to http://www.errantstory.com/2003-02-21/62
Click next, get wrong page (duplicate of earlier page), click next again and get page 64, having skipped page 63 entirely.
You can find page 63 (the correct one) in the commentary repost though. And the archive also shows a different thumbnail for the wrong-page then what you actually get:
http://www.errantstory.com/2003-02-24/63
see top left page on here: http://www.errantstory.com/category/com ... -01/page/3
if you click the link to the top left page titled "SPLAT" you will get a page different from thumbnail

Here is the p88 that is cutoff at the bottom:
http://www.errantstory.com/2003-04-28/88

also, another page that gets cut off text (on the left):
http://www.errantstory.com/2006-05-15/510
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Uh, Graybeard and Kaitou, could you troubleshoot this one, please? I am super amazingly stressed and distracted taking care of both real life and the Exploitation Now: Done With It All project so that we'll hopefully have something to sell next year since the Errant Story books are clearly not going to be done in time for con season. Seriously, I'm quietly going mad and turning into a raging bitch monster over here and it'd be great if something would solve itself, or at least be reduced to the minimum possible workload for me.

Pretty please?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.