Errant Story: The Movie

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Errant Story: The Movie

Post by Imp-Chan »

Hmm... I think she might be too old and too... spare? I'm finding a lot that everyone I look at who MIGHT do who is at all known for playing such roles is, well... on the scrawny side. As in, their face appears too bony to pass for eternally elegant and youthful elves.

What about Emma Caulfield, though? I'm not sure if she's action-y, but I know for a fact she can do snarky, and I think she can maybe pull off redhead.

^-^'

Edit: Ahah! I might have found a potential Meji... Kasha Kropinski.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Sam Pagan
New Poster

Post by Sam Pagan »

Imp-Chan wrote:Totally thirding the idea of Dennis Leary for Ellis. That would rock.

Here's a question, though... how would Ellis be added to the movie? Digital graphics, random muppet thing, cartoon animation a la some of the older cartoon movies? What would best "fit" with this hypothetical production?

^-^'

That's a good question. I like the thought of having him be photo-realistic, but no so much where he just looks like a regular cat with a moving mouth, because that's corny. I think if you're going with live-action, that would be the way to go. But if Errant Story: The Movie went the way of A Scanner Darkly, I don't think there would be many qualms there because that style is just flexible enough for something like a talking, flying cat.
joeflood
Forum Regular

Post by joeflood »

Imp-Chan wrote:Totally thirding the idea of Dennis Leary for Ellis. That would rock.

Here's a question, though... how would Ellis be added to the movie? Digital graphics, random muppet thing, cartoon animation a la some of the older cartoon movies? What would best "fit" with this hypothetical production?

^-^'
Screw it. Make the whole thing animated. Get those former Disney folks that do traditional non-computer-assisted-anything work. Use decent voice actors except for Ellis, who must be Dennis Leary. Shouldn't take more than $7,000,000 for full production.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Speaking of voices...

I was channel surfing last night, and encountered Julia Stiles in one of the various Bourne movies. Her voice is dead-on for Sarine, as is her face, which has the right balance of beauty but not-too-pretty, ageless, and confident... and her general look is also pretty much right (aside from the ever-present need to develop more muscle mass). Now that I've remembered she exists (amazing enough since I forget actors and actresses quite easily), I can't really picture anyone else doing that role, live action or animated.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

re: Sigourney Weaver.

I'm not sure what I was thinking. I shall claim it was a lack of sleep.

re: Julia Stiles

What a good idea. I've been meaning to watch the Bourne movies another time... this is just one more reason. Her face isn't necessarily as triangular as Sarine's sometimes looks, but that's one of the attributes of being a person, not a drawing.

re: Meji.

The problem with trying to cast Meji is that I'm horrible at thinking of actresses, and only marginally better at thinking of actors. Why thinking of actors would be necessary for casting Meji, I do not want to know.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Darius wrote:For Ellis, I always thought Denis Leary for the voice.
Christopher Titus might work too.
Vavrek wrote:Sara... Sara I'll leave for later, except for a mention that if we did want to contribute to Summer Glau's typecasting, she's current 26 years old. I can't remember how old Sara's supposed to be, but that's five years younger than Ryan Reynolds, and Hollywood can play around with ages easily.
I believe Poe mentioned that Sara is 18, because he didn't want to deal with drawing any more jailbait for the time being.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

BloodHenge wrote: I believe Poe mentioned that Sara is 18, because he didn't want to deal with drawing any more jailbait for the time being.
Twenty actually, and she's suppose to have an odd looking young and older at the same time thing going on.

Edt: Hilary just suggested Iyari Limon for Sara http://www.imdb.com/media/rm190225664/nm0510802 Though she might be a bit too old now.
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Imp-Chan wrote:Speaking of voices...

I was channel surfing last night, and encountered Julia Stiles in one of the various Bourne movies. Her voice is dead-on for Sarine, as is her face, which has the right balance of beauty but not-too-pretty, ageless, and confident... and her general look is also pretty much right (aside from the ever-present need to develop more muscle mass). Now that I've remembered she exists (amazing enough since I forget actors and actresses quite easily), I can't really picture anyone else doing that role, live action or animated.

^-^'
Definately Julia Stiles. Can't believe I forgot about her either. Especially since I thought about her being in "10 Things I Hate About You" back around Ledger's passing and loving that movie. She did a great modern Shrew and could pull off Sarine the best out of all the people we've mentioned. Honestly...I thought of Johannsen based on bust size and thinking of what would work best when they would be shooting "that" scene for Jon & Sarine. Gotta hand it to you, Impy. Spot on!

I still think Ryan Reynolds for Jon, Denis "Coffee-flavored Coffee" Leary for Ellis and I'm thinking we may have to go with someone like Jake Gyllenhall for Ian. I think he can pull off goddess-possessed emo. Jolie as Anita is still good and I'm thinking perhaps take Scarlett Johansen from being Sarine & casting her as Miyo, Meji's Mom...or perhaps go with Demi Moore?

As for Iyari Limon as Sara...I think it's doable. Better than any idea I came up with on Sara.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

I hadn't thought of Julia Styles for Sarine. For Jon, I don't know anything about Ryan Reynolds, but Denis Leary would be great as Ellis. With Meji you have to find a short, young looking actress who can pull of the whole flaming bitch routine and be able to curse a blue streak without it seeming obscene. Sara I'm still stumped with, I know nada about Iyara Lymon, so I can't give an opinion. The actress would have to be pretty, but tough looking with a physique like an Olympic gymnast.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Ryan Reynolds got his start on a Canadian kids show (Odyssey, which ran on Scifi back in 2000 and was actually quite good). His big break into mainstream was as the titular character in National Lampoon's Van Wilder, and he was in a handful of other comedies which weren't as good...

The thing that makes me think he'd make a great Jon is his role as Hannibal King in Blade 3... he worked out for months before hand, got into awesome shape, and then spent the entire movie being a smart-mouthed badass with more guns than he had orifices to hide them in. There's a couple of good fanvideos of him being violent and shooting people on The Tube of You.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?