Errant Story: The Movie

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Errant Story: The Movie

Post by KurtDunn »

So big film studios are still attempting to dredge the waters that is comics for their movie ideas. They've been doing this for some time, and are now running out of decent/popular titles. They have begun to look to small series comics, comics which have projected story arcs from beginning to end. Sin City and 300 are good examples of this (although 300 is probably due to Sin City, really).

So let's say in the wildest version of the future possible that allows for operational film studios and they've run out of all the comic-book movie licenses, and thus begin to turn to decent/popular webcomics...

Who would direct? And don't say Peter Jackson, that's cheating. Who would star in it? How long would it be? Would there be multiple installments?

Discuss!
edit:
- The Cast so Far -
Sarine - Maureen O'Hara / Scarlet Johannson / Milla Jovovich
Meji - Dakota Blue Richards
Jon - Matthew Bale / Christian Bale / Ryan Reynolds / Nathon Fillion
Ian - Matt Dalls
Ellis - Dennis Leary
Imperatrix - Angelina Jolie
Misa - Michelle Trachtenberg
Last edited by KurtDunn on March 5th, 2008, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Re: Errant Story: The Movie

Post by Talancir »

Jessica Biel for Sarine!
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

As far as creating multiple installments, it has its own problems. The biggest being that each part has to has a solid beginning and ending. You can't sell 1/3 of a story without giving some closure at the end of it. The lord of the rings trilogy was excellent, but I remember the ending of the first movie being two hobbits standing on a cliff and saying 'mordor is that way, we'll get there someday' while I had the separate task of getting back to the car. We're past 1/3 in errant story, where would you cut the story off in that case?

It's a lot to put into one movie, but I'd probably condense Errant Story to the roughly 2 hour time frame. The assumption that a movie has to be watched in one sitting without breaks hurts how much of a story you can tell, so maybe we'll put out an extended version. ;)

Who would star - I have no idea. I had to do an image search just to see who Jessica Biel was, and I've already forgotten her. No offense to Jessica Biel, who am I certain is very popular (I had heard her name before) and also certainly lurks on these boards. Please don't be insulted!
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

I think Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil, Fifth Element) bears more than a passing resemblance to Sarine. Jon could be played by Nicolas Cage (he may be getting too old for the part, but he still reminds me of Jon a bit). Juliette Lewis has about the right height and build to be Sara. I have no idea for Meji. Alas, I'm having a massive brain cramp right now and can't think of the name of the comedian who's voice would be perfect for Ellis. :x
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I absolutely refuse to have a hot manly man like Jon played by Nicholas Cage. He is NOT a 28 year old in his prime, and the character of Jon needs that to contrast with the ancient but seemingly youthful Sarine.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Imp-Chan wrote:I absolutely refuse to have a hot manly man like Jon played by Nicholas Cage. He is NOT a 28 year old in his prime, and the character of Jon needs that to contrast with the ancient but seemingly youthful Sarine.
^-^'
Well, there goes Nicolas Cage from the list. ;) Anyone else in mind?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Who is the hunk d'jure these days? Matthew Bale? The dead guy who played the gay cowboy? Most of the beefcake around is just too beefy for a fantasy environment. The really rugged guys are all in their thirties and forties.

What someone once said in a discussion about Hugh Jackman: American actors look like they got their muscles by working out, Australian actors look like they got theirs by working.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

davester65 wrote:I think Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil, Fifth Element) bears more than a passing resemblance to Sarine. Jon could be played by Nicolas Cage (he may be getting too old for the part, but he still reminds me of Jon a bit). Juliette Lewis has about the right height and build to be Sara. I have no idea for Meji. Alas, I'm having a massive brain cramp right now and can't think of the name of the comedian who's voice would be perfect for Ellis. :x
It would take Peter Jackson's special effects genius to make Milla Jovovich look like Sarine. She's only a little taller than a Hobbit. The most unlikely action star since . . . well, has there ever been an action star, male or female, the size and build of a twelve year old boy? Milla could have played that part in an authentic version 300, since the Greeks of that time all liked 12 year old boys.

(No, it isn't ethnic humor, it's archeology. You can look it up.)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Something very important that you've all overlooked: Who's going to voice Ellis?
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Ok, she's 5' 8", that's a little taller than a hobbit. ;) Maybe she isn't that curvy, but how many actresses these days really are? Alas, 12 yo boys have been the ideal of feminine beauty since the 1960's in the fashion industry as well as Hollyweird. If it doesn't need to be present day movie stars, how about going back to the 40's and 50's and having Sarine and Jon played by Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne respectively? Maureen O'Hara had the right build and even hair color and John Wayne was certainly manly enough in his prime. :D

P.S. I have an idea for Ellis's voice, but can't remember the guys name.