Errant Story: The Movie

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Errant Story: The Movie

Post by BloodHenge »

As long as we're listing actresses who are too small to play Sarine, who's going to play Sara and Meji?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I suppose Summer Glau is now too old to play Sara... maybe not, though.

I nominate Michelle Trachtenberg for Misa.

^-^'

Edit: Okay, after looking through IMDB for guys who are approximately the right age range and scruffiness level for Jon, I encountered the bio page for Kirby Morrow. He's a little short for it, but assuming his voice is right (as a voice actor, presumably it's flexible enough to potentially be?), I'm putting his name in the hat. He's got about the right sort of look, and he'd be a good choice for publicity reasons as well (such as him being well... used to fans, and also known by them, apparently). Of course, not having seen his work, I have no idea if this is a good suggestion or not, but hey, this is strictly hypothetical anyways.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help. I don't go in for the whole "cult of celebrity, knowing all the actors" kind of thing. I don't think anyone else here is either, really, it's just that I know less then most.

I will say that Meji will probably have to be played by a very young actress, seeing as she's only supposed to look like she's 15.

Edit: Just looked at Kirby Morrow, and I agree, he has the right look. A little old, a little short, but slap a weeks worth of facial hair growth on him and he wouldn't look half bad.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Hollywood is very skilled at making actors appear shorter or taller than they are when necessary, so I don't think height is really a major criterion.

Like DarkIntruder, I don't go in for the cult of celebrity, but let's think about Meji for a minute. Cute, utterly self absorbed, prone to mindless outbursts at inopportune times ... wait a minute, I've got it.

BRITNEY SPEARS! :twisted:

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

What, no one else will put it out there?

No one will say it? I've got to?

Uhhg.

Nathon Fillion for Jon. He's older than the part, but Hollywood deals with that all the time (IE: Jet Li - Unleashed), as a man comfortable with his sexuality I can admit that he has a nice prettyboy look going rather than rugged outdoorsman...

But he was Malcom Reynolds. What argument stands up to that?
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Graybeard wrote: Like DarkIntruder, I don't go in for the cult of celebrity, but let's think about Meji for a minute. Cute, utterly self absorbed, prone to mindless outbursts at inopportune times ... wait a minute, I've got it.

BRITNEY SPEARS! :twisted:
Or better yet her little sister Jamie Lynn (once she's past that whole being pregnant thing). :roll:

Honestly I don't follow celebrities really at all. I only pick up the few bits and pieces you get just from watching the news. 90% of the celebrity names I hear in the news are people I've never heard of before.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

davester65 wrote:Ok, she's 5' 8", that's a little taller than a hobbit. ;) Maybe she isn't that curvy, but how many actresses these days really are? Alas, 12 yo boys have been the ideal of feminine beauty since the 1960's in the fashion industry as well as Hollyweird. If it doesn't need to be present day movie stars, how about going back to the 40's and 50's and having Sarine and Jon played by Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne respectively? Maureen O'Hara had the right build and even hair color and John Wayne was certainly manly enough in his prime. :D.
She's five-eight? Ever since 5th Element I've always taken her for about five-three. Wow. Angelina Jolie doesn't look exactly like Sarine--she doesn't look like anyone except Angelina Jolie--but she could pull off the beauty, grace, and deadly warrior part all right.

This same discussion got replayed over and over again in the warm-up to the Lord of the Rings movies. The tricky part with female elves is that they have to have an eternally youthful beauty with the gravitas of someone who has seen centuries of life. With male elves, you just use a middle-aged actor with a little pancake on the wrinkles and no one cares. In the LOR movies, Cate Blanchett does well at making Galadriel look and sound like someone any male could stare at forever and also like someone who has been around since before the creation of humankind and could still kick your ass across a mountain range without mussing her gown. Live Tyler barely pulls it off as Arwen, no thanks to Jackson and those moony extra romantic shots he puts in. People complain way too much about her subbing for Glorfindal in the river crossing scene. It gives her character a reason to move around and look alive.

Scene that I'd pay money to see but wasn't in the books or movie: the first fancy dress ball glamor throw-down between Arwen (1500 years of wisdom and beauty and "I get to marry the king") and Eowyn (a fresh 20 years old, innocence made transcendent by experience, and "I snuffed the Lord of the Nazgul and saved the kingdom while you were off moping somewhere safe, June Cleaver")

Maureen O'Hara. Sigh. She could do all the fight scenes and look stunning in every shot.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Oh, for Meji: Dakota Blue Richards from Golden Compass. She carries an entire movie in her first acting job and tosses off a wicked Nicole Kidman impression in the scene with the bear-king.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

How about Ryan Reynolds for Jon?

Right age range (he's 31), decent upper body and physical development, looks good with guns and facial hair... background both in action and in comedy, two things which make the Amraphel line tick...
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

Jon isn't goofy tho.

Ryan Reynolds runs on unleaded goof.

He might be a candidate to voice Nellis. Although maybe a stand-up comedian would be best for Nellis. He'd have to have comedic timing.