Errant Story: The Movie

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Errant Story: The Movie

Post by Neko7 »

Graybeard wrote:Hollywood is very skilled at making actors appear shorter or taller than they are when necessary, so I don't think height is really a major criterion.

Like DarkIntruder, I don't go in for the cult of celebrity, but let's think about Meji for a minute. Cute, utterly self absorbed, prone to mindless outbursts at inopportune times ... wait a minute, I've got it.

BRITNEY SPEARS! :twisted:
Meji?

Ah! Meji's mom you mean? I agree, she should have Miyo role.
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Ok...let's see:

Sarine - I'd wager perhaps Scarlett Johannson would have the physique & the acting chops. Of course if I could get O'Hara & Wayne, I'd jump at the chance. When I would see their movies like Quiet Man, Rio Bravo, & McLintock I could've swore that they were married in real life with number of times they worked together & pulled off the interaction - like a pair of lovebirds who enjoyed being mad at each other on screen so they wouldn't be mad at home. God I miss those movies, and them.

Ellis - Gilbert Gottfried! Gotta have Gilbert in there insulting Meji

Jon - I'm not sure about Kirby Morrow. He may look good enough for him but he pretty much sounds the same. I've heard him play Van from Vision of Escaflowne, Trowa Barton in Gundam Wing & Miroku from InuYasha and frankly...it's the same voice all the way through. You either get the hot-head, (Van) the straight guy to the whiny emo Quatre Winner, (Trowa) or the lecherous monk (Miroku) and they pretty much all sound the same. For Jon, I think we need to go with Christian Bale (good ol' Bruce Wayne) because we know he can work the moves, can pull off the stubble growth and is still young enough to work against Johannson if she were to get Sarine.

Meji - This one I'm not sure about.

Ian - Justin Chatwin (filming Goku for the Dragonball live action film now) I think he has the look about him of a guy who could go emo and evoke the axiom "Ian Did It!"

Jolie should be the Imperatrix. As for Sara, Misa & the others, I'd have to think about it.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

KurtDunn wrote:But he was Malcom Reynolds. What argument stands up to that?
Not much.
BandMan2K wrote:Ellis - Gilbert Gottfried! Gotta have Gilbert in there insulting Meji
He was the first to jump to mind, but I dismissed him just as quickly. I imagine Ellis with a smoother voice.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

BandMan2K wrote:Ok...let's see:
Ellis - Gilbert Gottfried! Gotta have Gilbert in there insulting Meji
Arrghh!!! :x That's the guys who's name I've been trying to remember! Of course, if you really want to go over the top how about Samuel L. Jackson basically being himself as a flying black cat playing the voice of Ellis. :D
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I want Matt Dallas for Ian, I've decided. I've seen him in Kyle XY, and he has that sortof "too sweet to be believeable" thing that early Ian had, which I think is very difficult to pull off convincingly, but I think his role is limited in XY and he COULD do much more. Plus, he has the ability to look like a thirty-something half elf... not that old, but not that young, either.

And, incidentally, I have to look up all of these names. I'm just working from faces, really, and the premise that this is being filmed at least three years away.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Seth
Forum Trainee

Post by Seth »

Elis wrote: Enough is enough! I've had just about enough of these M***** F***** elves in this M***** F****** elvish prison!
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

I don't think Samuel Jackson being the voice of Ellis would fit. I imagine Ellis to have a higher pitched, almost whiny voice. You know, the sound your cat makes when it wants food and just WILL NOT SHUT UP? Kinda like that.
Last edited by DarkIntruder on March 4th, 2008, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

. . . and this just in:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/ap_en_ot/obit_gygax

The old horse-thief gave a generation of fantasy fans someone to hang out with--before the Internet created forums like this--and, as the AP obit so kindly points out, gave a few million shy teen-agers a place to develop their speaking and decision skills and self-confidence.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

DarkIntruder wrote:I don't think Samuel Jackson being the voice of Ellis. I imagine Ellis to have a higher pitched, almost whiny voice. You know, the sound your cat makes when it wants food and just WILL NOT SHUT UP? Kinda like that.
I've always imagined Ellis in the voice of Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Their personalities really do seem quite similar...
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree... Ellis should be calm, sarcastic, higher-pitched without being squeaky... like the voice of Yakko from Animaniacs.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?