Errant Story: The Movie

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Darius
New Poster

Re: Errant Story: The Movie

Post by Darius »

For Ellis, I always thought Denis Leary for the voice.
Sam Pagan
New Poster

Post by Sam Pagan »

Forrest wrote:
DarkIntruder wrote:I don't think Samuel Jackson being the voice of Ellis. I imagine Ellis to have a higher pitched, almost whiny voice. You know, the sound your cat makes when it wants food and just WILL NOT SHUT UP? Kinda like that.
I've always imagined Ellis in the voice of Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Their personalities really do seem quite similar...
I was just about to agree with this until Darius suggest Denis Leary, and then I knew that was the better choice. Oh man, Denis Leary would be awesome as Ellis! Especially if they can get Ellis to sing the "I'm An Asshole" song, which is definitely fitting.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Totally thirding the idea of Dennis Leary for Ellis. That would rock.

Here's a question, though... how would Ellis be added to the movie? Digital graphics, random muppet thing, cartoon animation a la some of the older cartoon movies? What would best "fit" with this hypothetical production?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Darius
New Poster

Post by Darius »

Totally a job for Jim Henson Studios. Unless of course you decided to go the Robert Zemeckis route ala Beowulf for the entire movie. 'Course you do that, and the whole casting issue starts to widen up a bit, doesn't it?
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

Dennis Leary is Perfect!

He started out as a stand-up comedian, so he knows comedic timing and meter, and he's done voice work before in Ice Age 1 & 2.

Imma gunna go update the 1st post with the top candidates for each part.
Darius
New Poster

Post by Darius »

My vote for Jon? Ben Foster. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381849/

And for what it's worth, Leary spells his first name with only one N.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

Jeeze... if I could dial a person's age around, I'd say Sigourney Weaver with a professional hair dye job. But I just looked it up and she's 58, not the 20 or 30-something we'd need to capture the agelessness of Sarine. (Aside from playing a complete badass, Weaver also has the benefit of actually being near Sarine's height. IMDb reports Weaver's height at 5'11.5")

I second the vote for Ryan Reynolds for Jon. Yes, he was a goofball in Blade, but he's an actor. It's not like they can't change roles. (And Jon certainly has some goof to him). Sara... Sara I'll leave for later, except for a mention that if we did want to contribute to Summer Glau's typecasting, she's current 26 years old. I can't remember how old Sara's supposed to be, but that's five years younger than Ryan Reynolds, and Hollywood can play around with ages easily.

Meji = Tough cookie, will make an attempt later, when I actually have spare time.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Vavrek wrote:Jeeze... if I could dial a person's age around, I'd say Sigourney Weaver with a professional hair dye job. But I just looked it up and she's 58, not the 20 or 30-something we'd need to capture the agelessness of Sarine. (Aside from playing a complete badass, Weaver also has the benefit of actually being near Sarine's height. IMDb reports Weaver's height at 5'11.5")

I second the vote for Ryan Reynolds for Jon. Yes, he was a goofball in Blade, but he's an actor. It's not like they can't change roles. (And Jon certainly has some goof to him). Sara... Sara I'll leave for later, except for a mention that if we did want to contribute to Summer Glau's typecasting, she's current 26 years old. I can't remember how old Sara's supposed to be, but that's five years younger than Ryan Reynolds, and Hollywood can play around with ages easily.

Meji = Tough cookie, will make an attempt later, when I actually have spare time.
She crossed my mind for about 5 seconds. Before I realized that even when she starred in Alien, she didn't give off the Sarine "vibe". She has a very square face, for one thing. Don't get me wrong, I love her as an actress, but she just doesn't have the eternal beauty. The super kickass attitude, but not the looks.

Edit: What about Sienne Guillory for Sarine? The mention of Milla made me think of her.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0347149/

She kicked ass in Resident Evil as Jill Valentine, and she has the whole "smoking hot, but also hardcore" thing that Sarine has. She also played an elf maiden in Eragon, forgettable though it was.

Only problem. She's 5'6". :|
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Hmm... Sarine is going to be hard to translate into a live woman, I think. She's just one big bundle of contradictions. She's got a lot more muscle mass than is common or popular, and characteristically most of her expressions come from her eyes and eyebrows. She's tall (though as has been mentioned Hollywood has ways around that issue), and she has to MOVE like she's dangerous. She needs to be simultaneously youthful but not young, and ALMOST pretty, but commanding the second you look at her eyes. There also has to be an innate sense of timing for snarky humor... some actresses just can't deliver that convincingly. Hardest of all... she has to be able to pass for a real redhead.

>.<'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

Julianne Moore?

She'd need to work out, alot, and even then she wouldn't even pass as a half decent cos-player. But she did an incredible job in Children of Men, and just might be what the role calls for.