2008-03-14 Yes, a shame that ... too bad ...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

2008-03-14 Yes, a shame that ... too bad ...

Post by Slamlander »

heh, ... love it. Like she's really sorry ...

It looks like Anilis is really working Ian over. Over what, is still unknown.

It looks like I was wrong and Sara's unarmed.

No serape and no hat, not even a cheroot, damn!
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Re: 2008-03-14 Yes, a shame that ... too bad ...

Post by RubberBandMan »

Seeing how her track record is much better against Elves when going Unarmed, I think her having to leave it behind is a boon.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Hehe, Ian's glowing upsidedown meditation of doom.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

I've looked at the panel carefully and Anita doesn't seem to be in there with Ian.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I hate it when gravity malfunctions...

They're housing him in the highest tower. If he explodes, that's going to make for even more damage. Air bursts FTW.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Hmm, a specific law preventing Ensigerum from carrying weapons in Government buildings?

I would think that this law was passed either during or after the Errant war, once the Ensigerum had become a rogue faction.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Sara could probably get a weapon easily enough if she really wants one. Maybe not the one she's used to, but at least it'll be a weapon.

As for Ian... I wonder why he didn't finish his soup before his levimeditation session.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

It just occurred to me that this was a good excuse to take the initiative away from Sara, to keep her from preempting Sarine's plans like she did outside of the city, when they ran into the patrol. Sara closed out a lot of options there whereas, Jon wouldn't do that. Besides, Sara can always rearm once inside, if she had to.

While Sara's track-record against Elves isn't that good (but getting better), her track-record of prudence is worse (and not improving). Delicate situation, meeting with Sarine's bosses, I wouldn't want Sara armed either. On the other hand, Jon is a nice and safe ace-in-the-hole that she can depend on not to screw up.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Wow, a lot in one page today...

1) Am I the only one who read a vague sexual innuendo into the comment about Jon walking in with there his gun out?

2) I find it very interesting that Sarine is talking about Elven culture in the past tense. Certainly those laws she speaks of must still be on the books, otherwise they wouldn't be relevant; so why say that there "were" laws on the books, rather than "are"? The impression I get is as though she's speaking of a dead civilization, the way we'd speak of Rome or such today. Very interesting.

3) Ian WTF? (and possible FTW too?) Practicing his Jesus act, turning soup into shoes or something?
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

Jon managed to get in with the gun out, but what about the shotgun he used on Warrel back in the church? Did he get to bring that toy?