2008-04-14 Red alert!! All red shirts to the detention level

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Primarch
Forum Regular

2008-04-14 Red alert!! All red shirts to the detention level

Post by Primarch »

I forsee a lot more elf popping soon.
Last edited by Primarch on April 14th, 2008, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas
Forum Trainee

Slip out the back

Post by Veritas »

Slipping out the back would be a very good idea now m'yes, probably won't though, but who am I to say?
Theros
Forum Trainee

Re: Red alert!!! All red shirts to the detention level

Post by Theros »

Ian's methods weren't anywhere near subtle enough to actually be described as "infiltration," I thought...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2008-4-14 Red alert!!! All red shirts to the detention level

Post by BloodHenge »

I don't think there is a word for what Ian did.

I wonder if their decision to evacuate in a different direction than everyone else will curtail or prolong Ian's rampage...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

They're being remarkably calm, I think. Their entire effort to make things very uncomfortable for the council has just been seriously upstaged, a raging maniac has just blown the hell through the city into the dungeon, and is liable to make a real mess, and they are being pithy.

Heh.

I wonder what Sara thinks of all this, being that she has not actually met Ian.
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Reconnaissance with force?

At any rate, Ian seems not to be proceeding with the "slaughter everything in sight" method of escape, so he's not personally entirely confident that he's immune to everything the elves could throw at him. Not that that means anything, he could be wrong...
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Sareth wrote:I wonder what Sara thinks of all this, being that she has not actually met Ian.
She will be polite, she will be professional, but she'll have a plan for killing him on sight.

Actually, I think she'll be unfazed (Imagine that! ;) ) until she attempts to time-monk him. At which point she'll gain a great deal of respect for his power, if she hasn't been turned into wallpaper paste by that point.

As for the elves reaction, panicking is never a good plan. Besides, they're confident that even with only a handful of soldiers, Elves are naturally superior to Half-elves, and as such aren't worried.

I can only hope that Meji can talk some sense into Ian before he turns the entire mountain into a pressure cooker.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Let me see if I analyze this correctly:

An adversary has just shown up who announced his presence by way of a minor earthquake, and who has caved in much of the surface of Emerylon.

There is every reason to believe that another, more powerful earthquake is coming.

The elves are herding the non-combatants into the deepest levels of the chambers ...

... Where, when the earthquake happens again, everything above will land on them.

Conclusion: Elves are stupid.

Incidentally, any opinions on whether "confinement vault" = "Infensus Vault"?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

so what, are they gonna secure an exit? i say this thinking that if they are about to try bailing meji they need to go near the fighting and thus in the direction of the elven militia reinforcements. so either there will be backstabbing or the salvaging of whats left of the plan.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

SkArcher wrote:Ian seems not to be proceeding with the "slaughter everything in sight" method of escape
He doesn't? Because that looked like exactly what he was doing. Just because he hasn't gone looking for something to slaughter doesn't mean anyone but Meji and Ellis have survived meeting him.