2008-04-16 "about to get even more unsafe"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2008-04-16 "about to get even more unsafe"

Post by BloodHenge »

So, Ian's having trouble because of how much magic he can sense. Is that just the raw power of his detection spell, or an overload from Anilis' enhanced senses?
Shteven
Forum Regular

Re: 2008-04-16 "about to get even more unsafe"

Post by Shteven »

I'd say he's able to detect things that are so faint that even skilled mages won't detect them. The 'side effects' of their tampering with the magical forces of the universe. Not that I expect they're about to negate creation or anything, just that he's able to detect very weak forces.

Also, is it just me, or does Ian seem...reasonable in this page? Didn't see that one coming.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Reasonable in only one regard, he respects Jon. He is equally oblivious to both Sara and Sarine, even if Meji mentioned Sarine numerous times.

This guy is almost acting socio-psychopathic. He has a very small circle of those he cares about. Those outside that circle have no worth, to his mind. The living members of that circle include four known people, with Jon and Meji being two of them. The other two are still in Santauriel. Everyone else barely has a name.
Ged
Errant Scholar

Post by Ged »

Most people can kill easily enough when given a suitable enemy image and the elves has spent a long time building one of those for themselves.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Slamlander wrote:Reasonable in only one regard, he respects Jon. He is equally oblivious to both Sara and Sarine, even if Meji mentioned Sarine numerous times.
Or it could be that he does not know Sara, cannot trace her, and has menally filed her away as "someone I can think about once we actually meet and get introduced." He is kinda busy right now.
Slamlander wrote:This guy is almost acting socio-psychopathic. He has a very small circle of those he cares about. Those outside that circle have no worth, to his mind. The living members of that circle include four known people, with Jon and Meji being two of them. The other two are still in Santauriel. Everyone else barely has a name.
That's overstating the case. Ian hasn't killed any humans with his powers at all (possibly one in self-defense) and has shown no antipathy towards them. His grievance is with the Elves, who have hunted down and murdered his kind for generations, forcing them to spend their lives hiding and cowering if fear.

Ian's indifference to blood and gore is shared by Meji. Hard to tell if its a personal emotional quirk or just a stylistic point.
Primarch
Forum Regular

Post by Primarch »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Or it could be that he does not know Sara, cannot trace her, and has menally filed her away as "someone I can think about once we actually meet and get introduced." He is kinda busy right now.
I think he files it under that elf chick I saved Meji from, But he does seem more reasonable. Maybe the destabilizing effect on his mind of having god like powers have started to subside. I really don't blame Ian for this. I know if I had God like powers I would like to lay the smackdown on a couple people (Jerry Falwell and Osama bin laden come to mind), and my family has no recent deaths at all.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Is it just me, or does it appear that Ian just opened a portal to the main conference room? Talk about "more unsafe".

And the bodycount just keeps rising, I think Ian is rapidly approaching 100,000 elf-years of experience he has killed. I'm not sure the elven populatation can survive a massacre that would leave the gene-pool to small to breed. In a sense, I think Ian is digging his own grave (perhaps he expects it) since there is no way the Elves will let one who has killed that many of their kind live. He is way too much of a threat. I forsee them using the equivalent of magical nuclear weapons on him.
Primarch
Forum Regular

Post by Primarch »

Initial B wrote:Is it just me, or does it appear that Ian just opened a portal to the main conference room? Talk about "more unsafe".
Somehow I foresee the Ian be gone grenade going off in the conference room and good old fashion sword/gun fight going on with sarah/jon/sarine racking up more bodies that the guy with the head explodey powers.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

So, Ian's not going on a rampage, he's just searching for Jon, and killing anyone who happens to be in the way. Fun.

Primarch wrote:
Initial B wrote:Is it just me, or does it appear that Ian just opened a portal to the main conference room? Talk about "more unsafe".
Somehow I foresee the Ian be gone grenade going off in the conference room and good old fashion sword/gun fight going on with sarah/jon/sarine racking up more bodies that the guy with the head explodey powers.
Yup, that's what I'm thinking as well. Remove the magical abilities of everyone, and Ian's going to be almost helpless.
Scient
Forum Regular

Post by Scient »

DarkIntruder wrote:Yup, that's what I'm thinking as well. Remove the magical abilities of everyone, and Ian's going to be almost helpless.
And Jon is going to kick ass! Not that ranger- or soldier-elves, as well as Sara, can't handle their blades, but they're all used to kicking ass with blades and magic.