2008-04-23 - Aw, fuck ...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
erewhon
Forum Regular

2008-04-23 - Aw, fuck ...

Post by erewhon »

Well, you dance with the bear, you gonna get scratched
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Re: Aw, fuck ...

Post by Talancir »

I dunno why but when I was looking at the last panel, it reminded me of an attack by the Chaos Space Marines from Dawn of War. Although in all honesty, I dunno why I didn't think of the eldar first... probably the armor.

one of hte unhelmeted Virador on the left has what suspiciously looks like Misa's haircut... :?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2008-04-23 - Aw, fuck ...

Post by BloodHenge »

Here comes the cavalry.

(Or is it the infantry?)
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Thread title sums it up just nicely for Meji, but how about Ian? Unless he already feels his battery is drained and that is the reason he didn't just fly Meji through the hole he made previously in the muntain side, this is not going to be pretty for poor elves.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

He's looking for Jon, (his little sister) and maybe Sarine so he's not going through the hole in the mountainside.

And this is of course where Misa gets killed so Sarine has a reason to hate Ian.
Since we first met Misa I could tell she was going to die to become story fodder for Sarine.
If she's lucky she gets to die with a few words saying "I was trying to help the Errant" or something.

95/5 to die

Unless someone has a disruption bomb on them, then she gets 60/40 odds on survival.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Okay, Ian, open negotiations and threaten to harm only organized military personnel unless they give you Jon and whats 'er name and let you peacefully withdraw.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Well, that looks like a mighty circle of protection around the leading edge of the elven phalanx. Not that it will do much good against Ian Godling. Ian has the opportunity for a massive kill here, let's see if he takes it. I think it will say volumes about how much the power has corrupted him as he must realize that killing elves is as easy as swatting flies for him, so why bother?

Unless they sting like wasps...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Ian: "Look at that mass of them! This looks like an excellent opportunity to try some dwarf bowling!"

Meji: "Dwarves are extinct."

Ian: "Right... Maybe I could use Ellis as the ball then."

Ellis: "Aw fuuuuuu..."
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

First of all, I'd like to say that Poe has done a wonderful job of drawing, inking and shading. I know that he knows this already, and my opinion isn't really needed, but I feel I must congratulate him. This is one of the best panels in recent memory.

Now, onto the observation and speculation.

Seriously, unless a small rescue party consisting of an ex- elven ranger, human gunslinger, and his time monk sister show up to get him out of this, I think Ian and Meji had better start saying their prayers. After all, Ian didn't notice those two invisible elves in the previous strip, so it's highly unlikely that he'll be able to notice any during a firefight.

Also, I'd like to point out that the fact that Ian's walked into this trap shows a great deal of stupidity or arrogance on his part. I mean, it wouldn't have been that hard to sneak around, skirt major patrols, and altogether avoid this mess.

However, as others have said, he's chosen to be Arnold in an action movie. That he's finally met some stiff resistance should not come as a surprise.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

DarkIntruder wrote:Also, I'd like to point out that the fact that Ian's walked into this trap shows a great deal of stupidity or arrogance on his part. I mean, it wouldn't have been that hard to sneak around, skirt major patrols, and altogether avoid this mess.
Wow, I wish I had your gifts of insight. I would have thought only Poe would know how hard it was to sneak around this city after the defenses were triggered.

:)