Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...

Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Slamlander » May 19th, 2008, 1:19 am

Anita looks more craggy than Jon.
User avatar
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 2:14 am
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Sareth » May 19th, 2008, 1:32 am

She looks a bit irritated, don't she? Someone is about to get ripped a new one...
User avatar
Sareth
RPG All-Star
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 8:54 pm

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Boss Out of Town » May 19th, 2008, 5:59 am

Okay, I would pretty much prefer a Sarine transformation scene to an Anita one. Sailor Crabby-cakes, anyone?
User avatar
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Location: Near where the Children of the Corn go to school

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby DarkIntruder » May 19th, 2008, 8:21 am

Remember that slight confusion as to how old Anita was? The more we see of her, the older she looks.

With this image, I'd pin her age at around 60. Either that, or time hasn't been kind to her. Which is a little ironic, considering that she manipulates time on a regular basis.

Maybe that's the cause? Many years of strenuous time alteration?
User avatar
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran
 
Posts: 433
Joined: August 29th, 2007, 8:29 am
Location: Frigid wastes of Southern Ontario

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby BloodHenge » May 19th, 2008, 1:50 pm

When you manipulate time, it manipulates you back.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran
 
Posts: 924
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 3:09 am

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby davester65 » May 19th, 2008, 2:46 pm

BloodHenge wrote:When you manipulate time, it manipulates you back.


Maybe that's the drawback to using time magic too much. It causes premature aging. Of course it also could simply be that Anita is 60. It takes time to rise up in the ranks of most organizations. Why would the Ensigerum be different?
User avatar
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran
 
Posts: 463
Joined: January 7th, 2008, 6:11 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Michael Poe » May 19th, 2008, 5:08 pm

DarkIntruder wrote:Remember that slight confusion as to how old Anita was? The more we see of her, the older she looks.

With this image, I'd pin her age at around 60. Either that, or time hasn't been kind to her. Which is a little ironic, considering that she manipulates time on a regular basis.

Maybe that's the cause? Many years of strenuous time alteration?


She was meant to look like a 40-50 year old in extremely good shape... basically the sort of person that you can't quite actually place the correct age of. But I'm not exactly great at drawing older people so her features tend to be in a bit of a flux from one image to the next.

I think there was idea I had concerning the Ensigerum that all the low and middle level monks (Warrel, Sara, most the various Ensigerum mooks) looked fairly close to their actual age, with a few extra winkles here and there, as if they've been under a lot of stress and lack of sleep, the upper middle ranked monks (most of the instructors and the guys who actually make all those stupid weapons) just plain look old often long before their time, meanwhile the very few highest level monks (Anita, Paul, who ever else there might be) strangely enough look younger than the monks just under them, they all appear to be of an indeterminate middle age no matter what their true age might be..

On a related note, time magic cannot actually extend a person's lifespan in any sort of major way (at least not past what other magics could have also done anyway). This is even one the three uses of time magic that the Ensigerum consider to be completely impossible. Traveling back into the past, and seeing more than about 12 hours into the future are the other two. Of course, these are the exact three things that Tsuirakuian mages keep trying to do with time magic and that’s way they usually kill their fool selves trying.
User avatar
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe
 
Posts: 279
Joined: August 19th, 2007, 5:08 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Forrest » May 20th, 2008, 6:15 am

Michael Poe wrote:On a related note, time magic cannot actually extend a person's lifespan in any sort of major way (at least not past what other magics could have also done anyway). This is even one the three uses of time magic that the Ensigerum consider to be completely impossible. Traveling back into the past, and seeing more than about 12 hours into the future are the other two. Of course, these are the exact three things that Tsuirakuian mages keep trying to do with time magic and that’s way they usually kill their fool selves trying.

Ah, so that is why time magic research is banned in Tsuiraku!

To the wiki! . . .

EDIT for 5/20: "Sarinee", eh? I wonder, in keeping with Latin/Sanguin pronunciation, is Sarine's name pronounced "sah-ree-ney", rather than "sah-reen"? I've always pronounced it the latter way...
User avatar
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!
 
Posts: 931
Joined: August 21st, 2007, 12:49 pm
Location: The Edge of the Earth

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby Graybeard » May 20th, 2008, 8:38 am

Forrest wrote:EDIT for 5/20: "Sarinee", eh? I wonder, in keeping with Latin/Sanguin pronunciation, is Sarine's name pronounced "sah-ree-ney", rather than "sah-reen"? I've always pronounced it the latter way...

I think we got it "officially" at some point that the two-syllable pronunciation is correct.

Interesting how even Poe's very earliest Sarine studies communicate a sense of Weltschmerz. Even the Meji-like one in the upper right has a distinct tinge of having seen too much unpleasant stuff.
----
Image
Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
User avatar
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin
 
Posts: 6818
Joined: August 20th, 2007, 8:26 am
Location: Nuevo Mexico y Colorado, Estados Unidos

Re: Filler 5/18 - 5/24, 2008.

Postby zanntos » May 20th, 2008, 2:39 pm

I dunno, top left lurking in her hood seems pretty grim too.
User avatar
zanntos
Errant Scholar
 
Posts: 208
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 3:29 pm
Location: Nowhere-ville Southern Maryland

Next

Return to Errant Story

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron