2008-06-11 - Rear guard always takes it ... in the rear.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

2008-06-11 - Rear guard always takes it ... in the rear.

Post by Slamlander »

That answers the Nisotta question.
Massive counter attack to cover your ass. Usually, it works.
I notice the conspicuous absence of Sarine, Jon, and Sara. They've gone out the back, Jack.

[Yes, bad pun but someone had to make the noble sacrifice]
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Re: 2008-06-11 - Rear guard always takes it ... in the rear.

Post by Labrat »

Yeah... I think we all know what happens to the voice of reason at times like this.
Not that reason would be likely to have much effect either.

We would like to nego-*headgosplodenow*.

And white flags are just an aid for targeting corrections.
Veritas
Forum Trainee

Post by Veritas »

Several meters?

The space in between the two ends of normal bedroom is what you'd call several meters. :?
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Hey look, one of yon elfy types has realised that Ian is a force that might be an equivalent challenge, and wants to talk.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I say we listen to the guy in the back.

They probably won't, though. Not after all the Elves Ian's popped so far today.

But it would be nice if Ian could get the Elves to leave Santuariel alone without exterminating them.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

SkArcher wrote:Hey look, one of yon elfy types has realised that Ian is a force that might be an equivalent challenge, and wants to talk.
I bet the smart guy doesn't get to finish that sentence, because Nisotta puts him down hard.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

BloodHenge wrote:I say we listen to the guy in the back.

They probably won't, though. Not after all the Elves Ian's popped so far today.

But it would be nice if Ian could get the Elves to leave Santuariel alone without exterminating them.
It won't be an extermination now, since the city's been evacuated. Normal evac procedure; scatter to the winds.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

SkArcher wrote:Hey look, one of yon elfy types has realised that Ian is a force that might be an equivalent challenge, and wants to talk.
I got a bit of a "hey, maybe is our goddess really is inside this thing, we might be able to communicate with a person instead of like with those man-animals running all over our world these days." Not so much that they need to resort to reason because they're overpowered (though they are), but that they could use reason instead of force because, unlike normal half-elves, this thing might be reasonable if it's possessed by an Elven deity.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I don't think anyone feels like talking right now. If the elves had decided to talk to errants a couple of centuries ago, perhaps things would have turned out differently.

I'm somewhat disturbed byt he lack of concern on the part of the elves as their numbers continue to dwindle and can't be replaced. Perhaps they've never left the wartime mentality of "us or them" and just accept these nigh-irreplacable losses as part of the war of extermination.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Ah, so I guess it wasn't Nisotta getting blown away at the front of the line, it was just some nameless elven commander. Too bad really. If it had of been Nisotta, then maybe "reasonable elf" would have moved up the food chain a little and actually been able to get someone to listen to him.

Anyhow, does anyone think the elves are at all concerned about vaporizing Meji at ground zero, and potentially risking open war with Tsuiraku? Which, with the elves in an already battered state, and with the battle mages outside their door, is probably not a good idea.

In any case, I think that Meji would be well served by getting as far away from Ian as possible.