2008-06-25 : Anilis or ashes.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
gambit3le
Forum Regular

2008-06-25 Explosion!

Post by gambit3le »

From the looks of things Ian may not have been able to "reboot" his godly powers before the swarming horde of pissed off elves hit him with their best Hiroshima impression... well, at least he had enough mental strength to tell Meji to get away before all hell broke loose.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

2008-06-25 : Anilis or ashes.

Post by Slamlander »

When all the glowy stuff clears, we are left with a pissed-off Anilis.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2008-06-25 : Anilis or ashes.

Post by BloodHenge »

Did Ian just go Super-Saiyan?
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

BloodHenge wrote:Did Ian just go Super-Saiyan?
Nope, I think he just went pancake.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

*flips coin*

Fuck! Anilis! >_< I was really hoping for ashes...
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

So, if you burn away the Ian, the Anilis is unleashed? That doesn't sound good.

Anyhow, is that Meji still running in the third panel? If so, it would seem that she'll be caught by the blast as well.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

DarkIntruder wrote:So, if you burn away the Ian, the Anilis is unleashed? That doesn't sound good.

Anyhow, is that Meji still running in the third panel? If so, it would seem that she'll be caught by the blast as well.
If by 3rd you mean 2nd, then yes, I think it is.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Tiamat wrote:
DarkIntruder wrote:So, if you burn away the Ian, the Anilis is unleashed? That doesn't sound good.

If by 3rd you mean 2nd, then yes, I think it is.
We can only hope she'll be thrown clear. As for Ian, even if he survives somehow, I think he'll be one crispy critter.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

The way that Ian was assembling/disassembling drinking mugs and bringing his sister's body back from the dead a couple of chapters back, I don't think a little matter transmutation of his corporeal self is beyond his abilities, even with the magic dampener.

I find it interesting to note that none of the elves have even bothered to ask why Ian is there through this entire sequence - they simply attack as soon as they see an errant. I don't think they even bothered talking to Meji, either. Is the hatred/fear of errants that ingrained in the elven psyche that they can't adapt to new conditions? Perhaps that is their fatal flaw...
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Initial B wrote: I find it interesting to note that none of the elves have even bothered to ask why Ian is there through this entire sequence - they simply attack as soon as they see an errant. I don't think they even bothered talking to Meji, either. Is the hatred/fear of errants that ingrained in the elven psyche that they can't adapt to new conditions? Perhaps that is their fatal flaw...
Well, the Elves were going to question Meji at some point. Maybe the dreaded Honeyed Punishment Virgins were busy. :D Also, the first few elf guards that tried to approach Ian got headexplodey'd before they could say so much as "HALT! Who goes there?" :lol: See: http://www.errantstory.com/comic.php?date=2008-04-09