2008-09-10 "Attack me, dammit!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

2008-09-10 "Attack me, dammit!"

Post by Graybeard »

Poor Misa ... what a fate, to be treated like a baby even by Sara ...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

2008-09-10 "Attack me dammit!"

Post by RubberBandMan »

Well, someone likes it rough. Has she thought that perhaps Sara is a defensive fighter and she has yet to show any glaring openings, like Chris did in his sparring match? From the sweat/loose hair, I'd guess that they've been doing this for at least a few minutes, long enough to notice that when you aren't attacking, nothing is happening.

I don't think we have seen Misa as anything worse then mildly put out... this Will Not End Well (R).
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2008-09-10 "Attack me, dammit!"

Post by Slamlander »

No, Sara is not inherently defensive. She is perfectly capable of going on the offence, as she did with the Wraiths in her introductory scene. She also initiated the attack when Sarine baited her. Of course, every time she attacked an elf, she's had her ass handed to her** (even using time magic) and she's a little nervous.

It begs the question as to why she agreed to the sparring match though.

Note that Misa doesn't know that the Ensigerum is now an order of monks. She still looks at Sara as only a warrior. There is a huge difference between the two. Just like the difference between the Chinese Imperial Army and the Shaolinn temple.

**The only exception being the patrol, outside of Praenubilis Astu.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

I don't quite follow the "Monk" Thing. They haven't really shown any true quasi-spirtual search, they seem to pretty much train to kill people dead and don't worry too much about the whys or how.

The term "Monk" is prolly the D&D term for martial arts fighters, and not their real-world eqivelents.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Wow. Misa seems a little pent up. Yeah... this is gonna end in hot and sweaty lesbian sex Misa getting a beat down when she loses her cool and Sara takes advantage of it to spank her followed by hot and sweaty lesbian sex.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

RubberBandMan wrote:The term "Monk" is prolly the D&D term for martial arts fighters, and not their real-world equivalents.
It is in fact a D&D player class. And I'm sure the Franciscans and Benedictines are completely amused by it.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

I feel a 'who's been treated worse in her life' argument coming up, Sara wining hands down ofcourse, followed by Misa fuming and then bonding and then lesbian sex all around.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

wow. that's a lot of pent up aggression coming up in one sparring session.

Misa needs a man.
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Be careful what you wish for Misa.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

RubberBandMan wrote:I don't quite follow the "Monk" Thing. They haven't really shown any true quasi-spirtual search, they seem to pretty much train to kill people dead and don't worry too much about the whys or how.

The term "Monk" is prolly the D&D term for martial arts fighters, and not their real-world eqivelents.
The details of monkish theology have not come up in discussion, but we've seen that they appear to practice spiritual and physical discipline beyond their society's norms and they apparently, like the Boxers, have some specific cultural/political context. That would qualify them as an Asian monkish order. There never was any notion of their being a European or Middle-eastern type of religious order.

D&D monks, like D&D clerics, are supposed to have a religious context, but in actual play by very secular American gamers, it often gets no more than lip-service.