2007-09-07 "You left me alive!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
normalphil
Heretical Monk

2007-09-07 "You left me alive!"

Post by normalphil »

I have a hard time following the last two panels, but I'm pretty sure what it shows is that Sandel doesn't exactly play for the home team.
Kian
Forum Regular

Re: 2007-09-07 "You left me alive!"

Post by Kian »

I'd agree. So sad, too, after he'd gone and beaten the overpowered god-kid. Though, in his position, I'd have gone for a strike to some vital (sword through the brain is a good bet on most cases, or lopping of the head if you can swing hard enough), and then kept hacking at him while he was in the floor, rather than a generic slash and kick to the back of the head.

Also, what is it with everyone's obsession with telling people they should have killed them? Tip: Don't tell people they should kill you, they might actually take the advice.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Excellent justification for a No Live Enemies! policy. ;)

While that might have been a fatal blow before, pre-Anilis, I don't think it is now.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Maybe he turned away from Ian to look for Sandel and Ian is harder to kill now, when his body is nothing more but a container for the god juice. He should take his own advice. ;)
Kian
Forum Regular

Post by Kian »

I'd think that, if Poe hadn't spent so many panels showing how shady the other guard was. As it is, I'm betting that Sandel is the one that shocked the guard.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Maybe instead of "You should've killed us when you had the chance", he ought to be saying "Maybe we should stop attacking the obviously superior power and at least see what it wants before we throw our lives away again." This whole battle's been nothing more than the inverse of The Gift of The Magi. If Ian had been less dramatic in his approach, they might have listened to him and cooperated with him before he decided to go Goku on them... If they'd let Ian actually ask his question instead of God-Smacking him, he probably wouldn't have had need of dispelling Lumi...

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that Ian has actually gone out of his way to not directly hurt anyone. Sure, he did blow up Lumi over the city causing countless casualties, and he may or may not have fried those flaming priests, but going back and re-reading the last few comics (not counting that wonderfully drawn filler starring Ellis and Rape-Kun... hilarious) all of the direct damage Ian has caused has been totally reactive to their attempts to keep him from grilling the Patriarch. Even now, when he pulls himself back together and melts the poor guard captain's face off, it'll just be because interviewing the Patriarch whilest being stabbed is probably not the most productive manner available.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I suppose the question, then, is whether Sandel is a traitor or a spy.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

My question is who might Sandel be that he, apparently nothing but a generic NPC guard, knows an electricity spell. I'm betting the Order will be hearing about this whole incident very shortly.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

BloodHenge wrote:I suppose the question, then, is whether Sandel is a traitor or a spy.
could just be a coward.

that zap in the last panel could just as easily be coming from Ian as anyone else...
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

Viking-Sensei wrote:If Ian had been less dramatic in his approach, they might have listened to him and cooperated with him before he decided to go Goku on them...
Dragonball Z's Goku, or Sayuki's Goku? personally I prefer the Sayuki version; more authentic, less artistic liberties.

Viking-Sensei wrote:Even now, when he pulls himself back together and melts the poor guard captain's face off
Yeah, I was starting to wonder..... that's really nice that, even though it doesn't allow you to instantly heal any external damage, it does allow him to pull off near-T1000 feats of regeneration.

Ian's playing with loaded 20-sided dice, everyone take cover!