2008-09-17 "Or more than likely just died in obscurity"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

2008-09-17 "Or more than likely just died in obscurity"

Post by RubberBandMan »

Stay postive! You have the character with the most sympathy and goodwill there, right next to you! She's been raising up hopes and making people feel better forever! You're in good hands now!

What I like most is Sara's "Uh..." where you can just see her figuring out that she's supposed to cheer her up. And then what she says? "It wasn't much of a battle, and you would of died"? That is pure outright telling the truth to someone who doesn't want to hear it. We ought to think of what else Sara would say to the deep psycological problems of our characters.
Last edited by RubberBandMan on September 17th, 2008, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2008-09-17 "Or more then likely just died in obscurity"

Post by Slamlander »

heh, a bonding moment. Misa now joins the party, neh?

Elf playing side-kick to an Ensigerum :o :shock:
Wait til Anita hears this 8-)
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

more like, "... uh wait,... I'm supposed to be the failure here. Stop that..."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Yup. A thousand years of training and conditioning, right down the drain. Kinda like Arwen Undomiel without the dignity.
vega-coyote
New Poster

Post by vega-coyote »

well, it wasn't much of a battle, more of a slaughter... no guarantee Misa's gonna interpret it that way, though...

Heh. John and Sara have the same body language for the "Uh, there, there now... um... yeah..." situation. :D
Dazed
Forum Regular

Post by Dazed »

Called it ;)

And yeah, having the only person around to comfort you playing the role of hitherto emotionless fighting-and-killing machine can't be terribly um..... comforting.

Ah well, hopefully the hot tub will take care of it :?
mattz1010
Forum Regular

Post by mattz1010 »

so no more steaming hot lesbian sex?
Elessar
Forum Regular

Post by Elessar »

So this is what happens when your entire race treats you like a kid for a thousand-plus years.

Not unexpected.
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

it might be odd for a new soldier in a long lasting army. everyone else has already gotten their red badge of courage already or otherwise conquered their fear.

although this might explain her survival. i mean that fight wasn't so much a battle as it was a skirmish with catastrophic casualties that couldn't have lasted longer than twenty minutes.
vega-coyote wrote:well, it wasn't much of a battle, more of a slaughter... no guarantee Misa's gonna interpret it that way, though...

Heh. John and Sara have the same body language for the "Uh, there, there now... um... yeah..." situation. :D
yeah the family resemblance is uncanny which probably reflects poe's skills
BlackDragon
Forum Trainee

Re: 2008-09-17 "Or more than likely just died in obscurity"

Post by BlackDragon »

The way I see it, her actions during Ian's Attack just demonstrated that she's smarter than the average Elf. I mean, the rest were all, "Hey, check it out, it's a member of that race we've been trying to hunt into extinction for the past few millenia, imbued with godlike power, pissed off because we kidnapped his girlfriend, rapidly descending into a genocidal berserker state due to poor control over his overwhelming, destructive power! Let's all go throw ourselves at him with swords! :D "

Whereas Misa was all "Meep! :shock: " and then hid under her bed. Which is, honestly, the most sensible course of action you could take in that situation.

Incidentally, I think I've just had a prophetic vision... sometime in the near future, when Misa tries to 'join the party' and go along with Sarine & Co. for the next dazzling adventure, Sarine is going to tell her "No way, stay here where it's safe (unless Ian comes back to finish what he started)!", and Mina will counter by saying that she IS going to head out - it's simply up to Sarine whether it'll be as part of her little multicultural force of incredibly lethal misfits, or as part of a bunch of hard-headed, incompetent Elven Army Regulars who'll likely be wiped out the first time they run into something more threatening than a Dire Hamster. Which will cause Sarine to do a *facepalm*, and take her along anyway.

...so, anybody wanna quote the odds that I could be right?