2007-09-10 Nice lady really, I think you'll like her...

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2007-09-10 Nice lady really, I think you'll like her...

Post by Neko7 »

Time ninja plot win!

Unless this is not a speeding spell but a teleportation spell that we see/heard in the two last frame.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: 2007-09-10 Nice lady really, I think you'll like her...

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Looks like it could go either way... however the 'lady' in question does certainly bring the Time Ninja element into the forefront.

So... did I miss something? When did Time Ninjas start doing 'magic' magic? I always got the feeling that they just did the one thing (time magic) and did it well, but stayed out of the other fields. Unless hand-lightning is just another function of time magic, but that'd be stretching it.

/me whips out his Occam's Mallot

Ooohhh... maybe it's Chris's not-really-dead-despite-what-everyone-thinks-father who's secretly-been-working-for-the-time-ninjas-outside-of-their-own-ranks-to-infiltrate-the-chancillary-guard?!?

/me sets the Mallot down

Damn, they really ought to put a warning label on those things.

Carry on.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

Neko7 wrote:Time ninja plot win!

Unless this is not a speeding spell but a teleportation spell that we see/heard in the two last frame.
No, we can stop prevaricating. Anita's "Plan A" just paid off it's concept.
DatDude
Errant Scholar

Post by DatDude »

OK didn't see that one coming. That guy doesn't need anymore power yet he's off to time magic land.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I'll be damned! It really was a time ninja and now Ian is off to see the Impiratrix. :o

So Anita, had enforcers/spies in the Veracian ranks? More like Anita's plan 'B', in case the priests tried to pull a fast one.

One loose end, Jeramel wasn't incapacitated by Ian. What's he doing while the time ninja's making off with Ian?

Oh, and the time ninjas have a whole history of using other than just time magic, although the wiki probably needs to be more clear on that. Electro-zap has been shown before, as used by Sara against the trolls.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Slamlander wrote:Oh, and the time ninjas have a whole history of using other than just time magic, although the wiki probably needs to be more clear on that. Electro-zap has been shown before, as used by Sara against the trolls.
Thanks for the clarification... I wasn't quite sure, and it feels like that was so very long ago... yeah, we might want to clarify the wiki entry for them, especially since I suspect we're going to be seeing a whole bunch more of them in the immediate future... unless Wednesday's comic starts with the word "Meanwhile...", which I've honestly been waiting to happen since Ian blew their god up.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
DaManRando
Forum Trainee

Post by DaManRando »

Aaaaah.... so THAT explains why he was being such a smug piece of crap this whole time.... he already knew that ole Lumie was a phony, so its getting dispelled would kinda make him grin.
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

<_<

>_>

Ian did it! :mrgreen:

...All right, leaving now.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Hmmm, considering the Hatred the Ensigurum seems to have for the elves, Anita might go for the enemy-of-my-enemy angle with Ian. However, this may be a case where she is biting off more than she can chew. I'm sure that Ian is powerful enough to throw off any sort of magical dampeners that they might employ to keep him docile.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:
Slamlander wrote:Oh, and the time ninjas have a whole history of using other than just time magic, although the wiki probably needs to be more clear on that. Electro-zap has been shown before, as used by Sara against the trolls.
Thanks for the clarification... I wasn't quite sure, and it feels like that was so very long ago... yeah, we might want to clarify the wiki entry for them, especially since I suspect we're going to be seeing a whole bunch more of them in the immediate future... unless Wednesday's comic starts with the word "Meanwhile...", which I've honestly been waiting to happen since Ian blew their god up.
I hear and obey. See if this meets with your approval (see under "Capabilities"). The article on Sandel has also been updated.